DIM related? - an error has occurred (render room)

DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,078
edited October 2014 in Carrara Discussion

Very unhelpful error message -

I have a very simple scene with default lighting and default render settings. Instead of rendering in the render room, I get "an error has occurred." No explanation. Nothing. Each element of the scene has rendered separately.

The scene consists of

1 - distant light (default)
2 - genesis 2 female morphed in Daz Studio and exported as a character preset
3 - a top made by 4BE for the V4 figure, converted to G2F in Studio and exported as a wearable preset
4 - a skirt made by B25 for V4 converted to G2F in Studio and exported as a wearable preset
5 - a vertex modeled custom hair cap, with a custom dynamic hair on it

I am clueless why I am getting an error when I try to render.

z_4_assembly_room.JPG
706 x 667 - 70K
z_3_default_settings.JPG
239 x 868 - 45K
z2_default_settings.JPG
254 x 817 - 49K
z1_an_error_has_occurred.JPG
1367 x 670 - 56K
Post edited by Diomede on

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,078
    edited December 1969

Closing the error, I was able to return to the assembly room and navigate a bit. But, when I tried to exit Carrara, I got an error trying to exit. See attached.

exit_error.JPG
    984 x 694 - 82K
    edited December 1969

I have been checking my render-related installation. First, I was trying to make sure that the Carrara rendernode was not installed on this machine.

A short while ago, the DIM freaked out and began uninstalling all of my content, including Carrara.
    I reinstalled using DIM, including Carrara.
    The Carrara rendernode files do not show up at all in DIM at all (good), but when I check the application installation locations settings for DIM, there is a location for the Carrara rendernode (not good?).
    When I check and search the DIM log, the word rendernode does not appear (good?).

x_carrara_render_not_show.JPG
    938 x 831 - 49K
    x_carrara_log_no_rendernode.JPG
    1500 x 849 - 250K
    edited October 2014

I am trying to make sure that the Carrara rendernode was not installed on the same machine as the program. However, the DIM is not showing the rendernode files as either ready to install or as installed (which is good, I think that is on purpose), but since it is not showing up, how do I confirm that it has NOT been installed?

Post edited by Diomede on
  • SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969
    edited October 2014

Dio!!! OMG! :gulp:

I have no experience with your complicated problem. But I sort of recall about a month or so ago getting a notice of an update to DIM. . Anyone else get that when they went to use DIM and have to do a reinstall of DIM if they ignored it?

I ignored it as I was busy. Doh? The next time I bought some content, DIM was not available to me, gone, not even the shortcut on my desktop. I had to reinstall it and then all my purchased DAZ content previously installed with DIM queued up to be reinstalled. Over 800 items. Eeek.

Wish I could remember more about it, but when I didn't see anyone post about this, I thought it was just an odd consequence of my ignoring the update. I did think it was weird that I did not get another reminder about the update via email or something. There was only that one notice which I ignored and then had to do the reinstall. Would there have been a warning that DIM would not work and/or disappear if you didn't take the update? I often see notices like this for upgrading utilities and other programmes, but never have lost access to the programme for not taking it.

Sorry for your troubles... hoping someone else can help as you are so very helpful to others here.

xx :ohh: Silene

Post edited by SileneUK on