200 Plus Puppeteer Interface for Genesis 8 & 8.1 (Commercial)

Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
edited April 2021 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Live in Store

Promo video

https://vimeo.com/531491946

Post edited by Zev0 on

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,129

In the middle of the video, it says something like "Let's see how they work together". But I didn't notice any difference between the first half of the video and the second half, other than the second half started with a morphed character. What does the "work together" part mean?

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited April 2021

First half I am showing and resetting each option before I show the next, second half I am combining/stacking results.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Zev0 said:

First half I am showing and resetting each option before I show the next, second half I am combining/stacking results.

Thanks for the explanation. That makes sense. 

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

very cool. 

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,755

Overall this looks really good.  Two things though... first, would I be correct in assuming that the active windows will also display in Iray mode?  Second, "Indian," at least in the U.S., is not a race, it's a nationality or ethnicity that only refers to people whose lineage originates from the country of India, as the term "Indian" was once inappropriately applied to Native Americans. 

"first, would I be correct in assuming that the active windows will also display in Iray mode?"

Will display in all modes.

Second, "Indian," at least in the U.S., is not a race, 

I don't really go into politics. To me if I go to India I see Indians.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,723

Is this for realistic character's faces only? I am going to get the product regardless, but I have needed brow morphs for Sci-Fi characters that I have not been able to find in morph kits or characters created by PAs. 

This looks like a fun product and hopefully it can be used by those who can't use 4.15 for whatever reason they are facing now. 

edited April 2021

Hi. This product doesn't really cater for Sci-fi unfortunately. It will work fine on Genesis 8 as far back as studio version 4.12, however if you wish to use this with Genesis 8.1 you will need the minimum studio version that figure requires.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,723

Thanks Zev0!

• Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,569

Looks great. Can the result be saved as head/body morphs, e.g for a "custom" figure?

edited April 2021

Yes. Depends what you use to save it. If you want head and body dials made easy you can try this.

https://www.daz3d.com/dial-fusion-for-genesis-2-to-81

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • bamboojibambooji Posts: 33
    edited April 2021

I like this product very much.  Much easier than having to use dials!  

Post edited by bambooji on
  • Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,569

I really like the product. Great help creating a unique character. Much better and more intuitive than dial spinning. The only thing I do miss now is a way to mix already existing characters. Like with the "Race Blender", a kind of a "Character Blender" where you can select some characters (a limited number, of course) and then mixing them with the puppeteer interface.

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,016

Bought this yesterday! I'm hoping to play with it soon! It should really make the process of tweaking characters a lot smoother!

You can make your own puppeteer layers and save them as a puppeteer preset. You can mix characters that way with puppeteer.
  • FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,016

barbult said:

You can make your own puppeteer layers and save them as a puppeteer preset. You can mix characters that way with puppeteer.

Oh, interesting! I think I saw a tutorial about puppeteer way back (about how to use it to blend poses together). I need to take a dive into it now that I know it also works with shapes. But this product should help me to understand puppeteer then :)

• sunstonepicturessunstonepictures Posts: 13
    edited April 2021

Hello,

I'm getting the error code:

"Script not found in expected directory"

I installed using DAZ Central

Post edited by sunstonepictures on

Can you try installing via another method? In all honesty I never use Daz Central.

• Zev0 said:

Can you try installing via another method? In all honesty I never use Daz Central.

Sure!  I'll try with Install Manager - thanks for your fast reply! 

Cool. Let me know if that worksyes

• Zev0 said:

Cool. Let me know if that worksyes

Tried with Install Manager and still no workie.  Is there a direct path it should be installed, so I can manually copy and paste the script?

Download the zip file. Extract and Copy paste it's contents into your content library. Make sure files go into the corresponding folders in your content library.
  • Daz Central (which is like Install manager with a different interface and feweer exposed options) or Daz Connect (installing through DS)? If the former, make sure DS and Install Manager are using the same paths, if the latter make sure you uninstall the Connect version.

• ArtMadeonArtMadeon Posts: 17

Looks like a very nice product, and a great complement to the 200 Plus suite.

On the product page it states "required products" for BOTH the Male and Female 200 Plus.  I only own the Female version - so will this work for me, or would I also need to purchase the Male product (I have no use for this currently).

Thanks.

mattporter said:

Looks like a very nice product, and a great complement to the 200 Plus suite.

On the product page it states "required products" for BOTH the Male and Female 200 Plus.  I only own the Female version - so will this work for me, or would I also need to purchase the Male product (I have no use for this currently).

Thanks.

Hi. If you only have female version it will still work. The product supports both or either gender.

edited April 2021

Thanks Zev0. That's good to know. Congrats on the product launch. 

Any chance you're developing one of these for your other products as well? (Shape Shifter, for example)?

Post edited by ArtMadeon on
    edited April 2021

Thank you:) I am experimenting with one for shape shift yes. Will see if it works the way I want.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Fantastic!

• sunstonepicturessunstonepictures Posts: 13
    edited April 2021

Zev0 said:

Download the zip file. Extract and Copy paste it's contents into your content library. Make sure files go into the corresponding folders in your content library.

Finally got it working!  I'm still getting the script location error but the plugin loads into Puppeteer fine.   Super fun and super cool plugin! 

Question: What is the best way to save the new character and then retrieve it later?  I tried saving via puppeteer preset, but no luck...tried saving as a figure preset and then can't locate it in my Content. 

I'm also going to test it with DAZ Studio to Unreal Engine Bridge to see how it goes. 

Thanks and great job on a fantastic plugin!  Are you planning on blending textures and skins in the future?  That would be awesome - you'd be giving Character Creator 3 a run for the money. 

~Michael Ricks

Post edited by sunstonepictures on
  • inquireinquire Posts: 2,091

sunstonepictures said:

Question: What is the best way to save the new character and then retrieve it later?  I tried saving via puppeteer preset, but no luck...tried saving as a figure preset and then can't locate it in my Content. 

~Michael Ricks

Yes, I'm still trying to figure this one out. I thought saving it as a puppeteer preset would work, but when I start a new scene, bring in the same figure (or a different figure), open up Puppeteer Preset, and load the saved preset, I don't see the changes I expect to see. I'm use a Mac, btw, Catalina [10.15.7] and DAZ Studio 4.15.0.2.

Also, I posted in the wrong place before [sorry about that, my bad -- I posted in the 200 Plus Face Morphs] about if it's possible to use this new Puppeteer Preset to change facial expressions [including, of course, shapes such as nose size, brow configuration, eye size, top lid size, etc.] in a kind of story. Think of this as doing a series of renders, so it's something of a "comic strip story" idea. Now, of course, so far this is possible, but if I were to continue the story, I could add to the changes I  had already made. Again, certainly possible. But now, what if before making any more changes, I would like to reset the character's face and head to what it was when the character was first loaded into the scene, going back to pane 1, if you will. Is there a quick and easy way to reset? Would selecting the head and its subordinate parts in the Scene Tab, and then from a right-click and a pull-down on the Parameters Tab options, picking something like Zero Selected Items (pose) or just Zezo Selected Items work? If that would not work, is there a quick and easy way to make this work?

Head and its Parts.png
    470 x 165 - 22K
    Zero Selected Items.png
    395 x 113 - 22K