Corsair for M5 and Genesis

SuzuranSuzuran Posts: 0
edited May 2012 in The Commons

Can someone help me?
I purchased Corsair for M5 and Genesis today. And I have some problems with it.
The first pic is the same jacket with Genesis + M5 + M5 hero 100%. ( the sleeves starts distorted at the low level of M5 hero, though.)
The second pic is The long jacket with Genesis + only M5 100%.

How can I fix this? Is there a hidden morph or something I'm missing?

Edited: I didn't know the later pic is listed above. so corrected first and second.

corsair2.jpg
600 x 600 - 31K
corsair1.jpg
325 x 600 - 22K
Post edited by Suzuran on

Comments

• shaaeliashaaelia Posts: 613
    edited December 1969

I don't know if this will help, as I haven't picked up Corsair yet, but select the jacket, then in the Parameters tab, click on Mesh Smoothing. See if Collision Item is set to Genesis, and check what your Collision Iterations are. Default is 3, but if that's not working, try 6, then go up by two's till the sleeves work.

Sometimes this works, and sometimes it doesn't. Depends on how the clothing is set up, but give it a go, it might help.

Just remember to save before hand, in case Daz crashes. :)

• SuzuranSuzuran Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Shaaelia said:
    I don't know if this will help, as I haven't picked up Corsair yet, but select the jacket, then in the Parameters tab, click on Mesh Smoothing. See if Collision Item is set to Genesis, and check what your Collision Iterations are. Default is 3, but if that's not working, try 6, then go up by two's till the sleeves work.

Sometimes this works, and sometimes it doesn't. Depends on how the clothing is set up, but give it a go, it might help.

Just remember to save before hand, in case Daz crashes. :)

I applied smoothing modifier and went up Coliision Iterations(I still don't know what this dial means ^-^;) to more than 6, but the sleeves were still contorted. uhm...
    Thank you very much for your help, though. :)

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Tweak up the smoothing modifier value too. Don't forget to set it to collide (Collision Item pull-down menu) with Genesis.

Think of both collision and smoothing modifier as in "system checks X times if we're still colliding or in need of smoothing". Possibly the easiest way to visualize it.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Tweak up the smoothing modifier value too. Don't forget to set it to collide (Collision Item pull-down menu) with Genesis.

Think of both collision and smoothing modifier as in "system checks X times if we're still colliding or in need of smoothing". Possibly the easiest way to visualize it.

I checked that the jacket is collide with Genesis. But upp-ing smoothing modifier and collision iteration did not change the distortion around the hands ( especially when Genesis strechs the arm), unfortunately. But it made the lapel better. :)
    Thank you very much for your help. ^-^

edited December 1969

Hmm, that is odd indeed. Sadly, I do not own that one (would love to) so I can't offer more tips how to fix it (and I'm a pretty newbie, so I don't know all the best tricks either). Maybe you should send a private message to Luthbel and ask for advise? Point to this thread so the rest of the class can get it fixed too. ;)

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984
    edited December 1969

This issue was posted in the old forum too. It appears to manifest itself when Genesis is scaled over 105% which will happen when applying Genesis shapes such as Michael 5 + Michael 5 Hero (108.6%) or Freak 4 (120%). I thought the post was in the old Commons, but I looked and couldn't find the thread. It may have been in the old Platinum Club forum which is inaccessible.

A work around is to scale Genesis to under 105% after applying Genesis shape(s) to your character.

Luthbel did post a comment to the thread he was going to look into the issue.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Hmm, that is odd indeed. Sadly, I do not own that one (would love to) so I can't offer more tips how to fix it (and I'm a pretty newbie, so I don't know all the best tricks either). Maybe you should send a private message to Luthbel and ask for advise? Point to this thread so the rest of the class can get it fixed too. ;)

Lindsey told me that Luthbel already looked into the problem. So I'll wait for it. Thank you for the help. :)

edited December 1969

Lindsey said:
    This issue was posted in the old forum too. It appears to manifest itself when Genesis is scaled over 105% which will happen when applying Genesis shapes such as Michael 5 + Michael 5 Hero (108.6%) or Freak 4 (120%). I thought the post was in the old Commons, but I looked and couldn't find the thread. It may have been in the old Platinum Club forum which is inaccessible.

A work around is to scale Genesis to under 105% after applying Genesis shape(s) to your character.

Luthbel did post a comment to the thread he was going to look into the issue.

I bought the item after the former forum had archived, and I didn't know there was already a post about the issue. :red:
    Thank you very much for the information. I'll wait for the fix from Luthbel. :)

edited December 1969

Okeydoke, glad to hear that there's a fix coming up.

edited December 1969

Well, who knows if Luthbel actually has noticed this thread that brought the issue up again.

Since the product is advertised to work with the Freak 4 Genesis morph, my suggestion would be for someone to submit a support ticket to Zendesk and formally report the problem.

I haven't had much luck myself on a hair product issue I reported that didn't look like the promo pic and the reply was the problem was reported to the vendor, but whether or not it gets updated is up to the PA. So I was offered a refund or wait. I opted for the refund and I never received it. Since half of it was paid with the PC voucher, and Cindy West had left, I was afraid I wouldn't get the full amount back so I just let it go.

Maybe someone else will have better luck reporting the issue.... Being that the short coat works without any issues with those oversized shapes, I would expect Luthbel will figure it out.... but who knows..

edited December 1969

Lindsey said:
    Well, who knows if Luthbel actually has noticed this thread that brought the issue up again.

Since the product is advertised to work with the Freak 4 Genesis morph, my suggestion would be for someone to submit a support ticket to Zendesk and formally report the problem.

I haven't had much luck myself on a hair product issue I reported that didn't look like the promo pic and the reply was the problem was reported to the vendor, but whether or not it gets updated is up to the PA. So I was offered a refund or wait. I opted for the refund and I never received it. Since half of it was paid with the PC voucher, and Cindy West had left, I was afraid I wouldn't get the full amount back so I just let it go.

Maybe someone else will have better luck reporting the issue.... Being that the short coat works without any issues with those oversized shapes, I would expect Luthbel will figure it out.... but who knows..

Mmm, I submitted a support ticket and reported the problem. I hope there will be a fix for this... Thank you. :)

edited December 1969

Suzuran said:
    Lindsey said:

Mmm, I submitted a support ticket and reported the problem. I hope there will be a fix for this... Thank you. :)

Suzuran,
    I'm curious if you ever got a response to your ticket? I can over look that the Long Coat doesn't fit to M5 Hero since it's not listed in the fits, but the product does advertise clothing fits for Freak 4. Unfortunately using the Long Coat on Freak 4 displays the same problem as in your initial message using it on M5 Hero. I reset the product recently and there was no change to the installer. TIA for any updates.

edited December 1969

Lindsey said:

Suzuran,
    I'm curious if you ever got a response to your ticket? I can over look that the Long Coat doesn't fit to M5 Hero since it's not listed in the fits, but the product does advertise clothing fits for Freak 4. Unfortunately using the Long Coat on Freak 4 displays the same problem as in your initial message using it on M5 Hero. I reset the product recently and there was no change to the installer. TIA for any updates.

I opened the ticket, but the support told me that it was already reported as a bug, and the ticket was closed as "solved."
    The bug number is 0047069. https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=47069
    I checked it but there was no change. So I think there is no fix yet. I'm not sure I should have gotten refunded. :(