Suggestions for cuffed high heel boots?

ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
edited October 2014 in Product Suggestions

I'm looking for some cuffed, knee-high-ish high heeled boots, like in the picture.
Anyone know of any either stand-alone, or in a package or i guess if there's boot cuffs that I could pair with something.

I'd prefer something for G2F, though any will do if that's the best to be found.

The cuff's should go all the waya round, rather than be open in the back or laced...superhero, not pirate :)

Lady_Lawful_by_Scavgraphics.jpg
905 x 679 - 440K
Post edited by Scavenger on

Comments

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

Wilmap made a very nice set of freebie cuffed high heeled boots for Genesis a while back. The cuffs may or may not be a bit smaller than what you're looking for, but you could make a morph to enlarge them if you really needed to.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited December 1969

The boots/belt/cape expansion for the Genesis Supersuit allow you to thicken most sections on it. It's a brilliantly versatile piece of kit. Just wish someone would create a modular skirt for it!

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
    edited December 1969

The boots/belt/cape expansion for the Genesis Supersuit allow you to thicken most sections on it. It's a brilliantly versatile piece of kit. Just wish someone would create a modular skirt for it!

From the promos, it looks like I could thicken bands of the boots, but not make a cuff/flap.

I found this at ShareCG so might be workable..
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/32359/related/11/Poser/Pirate-Boot-Cuffs-Add-On

edited December 1969

Scavenger said:

From the promos, it looks like I could thicken bands of the boots, but not make a cuff/flap.

I found this at ShareCG so might be workable..
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/32359/related/11/Poser/Pirate-Boot-Cuffs-Add-OnThere may be a couple of problems you may have with those cuff add-ons. First, you need the Pretty 3D Sexy Leather boots in the first place. Secondly, those are thigh-high boots and your example os for over-the calf boots. Third, those cuff add-onns are for non-commercial use only, so you can't use them on pictures you intend to sell, for contests, or for anything else except for "personal" projects.

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
    edited December 1969

Well, my thoughts would be 1) In theory, they would load and while "supposed to be" for the P3D boots, they'd likely be seperate things. 2) Assuming 1, they should be able to be moved lower down, and 3) I have no intention of doing commercial work with this. The picture above is a photomanipulation by me of my friend's super-hero character..I just want to create a 3d version of her/outfit now that I'm playing in the 3d world.

On the Willmap boots post above, you mentioned "but you could make a morph to enlarge them if you really needed to."...Those words are so far beyond what I understand right now. :)

edited October 2014

Scavenger said:
    Well, my thoughts would be 1) In theory, they would load and while "supposed to be" for the P3D boots, they'd likely be seperate things. 2) Assuming 1, they should be able to be moved lower down, and 3) I have no intention of doing commercial work with this. The picture above is a photomanipulation by me of my friend's super-hero character..I just want to create a 3d version of her/outfit now that I'm playing in the 3d world.

On the Willmap boots post above, you mentioned "but you could make a morph to enlarge them if you really needed to."...Those words are so far beyond what I understand right now. :)This is what the Readme for that set says:

Usage Tips/Limitations

These are Pirate-like Boot Cuffs for P3D's Sexy Leather Boots (Obtainable here: http://www.pretty3d.com ) although they may work with other thigh boots as well. Load them from the Morkonan/PBoots Character folder and conform them to V4.

They load with no texture map, but with difuse set to black and a bump map so they will more closely match the original materials of Pretty3D's boots. However, four different Material settings and Textures have been included. You can find them by going to the Materials Room and selecting the Morkonan/PirateBootCuffs folder. Select the PBoots Cuff object and load the material desired.

*There is a "fix" morph included to fix poke-throughs when V4's thigh is bent upwards at an angle greater than 70 deg or so. Adjust as needed.
    **Fit Morphs are also included for other standard V4 Morphs.

*This product is free for private and commercial renders. None of the actual contents of this distributed compresed file or derivatives thereof may be redistributed to others in any way.

It's interesting to note that the page says non-commercial use only, but the read-me says you can use it for commercial renders. Always read the read-me.

The cuffs "may" work on other thigh-high boots, but won't work on over-the calf boots. Now, JoEtzold over at Renderosity combined both the Pretty 3D boots and those cuffs into Pirate Styles for Pretty 3d V4 Sexy leather boots, and they're "supposed" to be adjustable to shorter lengths, but I haven't been able to get them to work properly, at least when auto-fit to Genesis. I don't use V4, so... V4 shoes have always been notorious for not auto-fittng properly to Genesis. I don't know how well that' been corrected in recent incarnations of DAZ Studio, but...

As for the cuffs as a whole, though, they're not really any longer than the cuffs on Wilmap's boots. they're just more flared out. So, either way, if you want the cuffs to cover more of the boot leg, you'd need to make a simple scaling morph.

Post edited by Tramp Graphics on
  • FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

ShareCG didn't used to have as many options for usage rights, it used to be non commercial or you can take this whole pack and sell it as is.. basically almost nothing or absolutely everything, there was no option for commercial renders allowed but not redistribution of the files themselves.