How to save and load characters

eternalstar1000eternalstar1000 Posts: 18
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hello

Sorry once again for being so uneducated about DAZ...

but I was wondering if there is a way for me to save characters that I created and then come back later and load them again?

Well actually...i found a way to save a character...2 separate ones, but now I want them both on the same screen so that I can create a pic with the both of them in it. But I dont know how to load them together and have them appear on the grid together.

Maybe i saved them wrong? I dont know...but I want to be able to find a way to create separate characters, and then be able to come back later and load them into scenes together for future pics.

Help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Comments

• LintonLinton Posts: 541
    edited December 1969

You can try merging the two characters into the same scene.

Open one of the characters up, then, go to File > Merge > then load the second character in.

This should get you both of your characters together.

Have fun!

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

If you're saving a character with hair, clothes, etc., save as Scene Subset instead of scene. that makes the default Merge instead of replace the existing scene.

• eternalstar1000eternalstar1000 Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

Thank you so much! This was a lifesaver ^_^

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
    edited December 1969

If you're saving a character with hair, clothes, etc., save as Scene Subset instead of scene. that makes the default Merge instead of replace the existing scene.

Why is a scene subset better than as a Character Preset? Or is it a matter of preference?

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

A scene subset saves everything in the scene and can merge with other scenes and scene subsets. A character preset just save the morphs and materials settings for the character.

• I can't believe it took me this longto find this thread or to think to look for it. Saving as scene subsets is life saving and going to make everything so much easier. Thank you!!!!!!!!