A Download Question for Other Daz3D Users

Turk_WLFTurk_WLF Posts: 177
edited July 2012 in The Commons

I'm just wondering if there any other Daz3d Customers that use Internet Explorer 8 and/or 9 as their Internet Browsers and have been unable to download any purchased items at all (since the store reopened). I have emailed Daz3D Tech Support, they have suggested that it was IE9 issue. I just tried to download an item on IE8 & I received an error saying ** Internet Explorer Cannot Download "Product Name.exe" from daz3d.com The Server returned an invalid or unrecognized response ** on a separate/different computer.

Thanks,

Post edited by Turk_WLF on

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Try using a different Browser, either FireFox or Chrome. You don't have to change them to your default browser, but they do work consitently better with Daz downloads.

• reelyorreelyor Posts: 235
    edited December 1969

I use IE9 and haven't had any problems (yet). However, the suggestion about Google Chrome is a sound one and you may try it as an alternative.

• LBJ2LBJ2 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Turk_WLF said:
    I'm just wondering if there any other Daz3d Customers that use Internet Explorer 8 and/or 9 as their Internet Browsers and have been unable to download any purchased items at all (since the store reopened). I have emailed Daz3D Tech Support, they have suggested that it was IE9 issue. I just tried to download an item on IE8 & I received an error saying ** Internet Explorer Cannot Download "Product Name.exe" from daz3d.com The Server returned an invalid or unrecognized response ** on a separate/different computer.
    Thanks,

I have had problems downloading since the *NEW* shop was launched.
    There is no difference if it's a freebie, or a product i bought...
    My Firefox 14 freeze every single time, i try to download something. Happened with all Firefox 13.x versions too.
    Same problem with IE9.
    It is not a browser problem, since i can download from all other 3D web-shops without any problems.

I posted the problem in 3 threads earlier on, and i even bug reported the problem a few weeks ago.
    But nothing has happened. The problem remains.
    What really annoys me, is that i am treated like a complete idiot.
    Use another browser?... nonsense. It is not a browser problem.
    I really wonder how it would be on the Internet, if we as customers should use 25 different web browsers, when we buy goodies in 25 different web-shops? :)

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Nope, I've had no problems with IE. It could be that you have just 1 little setting wrong somewhere. Chrome might be your best bet as I've read that several had problems after a Firefox update.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Another tip, if you find that download is freezing, is to close browser and clear cache. sometimes, once a download has started and got "stuck" once then it will keep sticking at around the same point, because the corrupted download is still in your browser cache, and this can happen with all browsers. Clearing the Browser cache is something to try.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,383
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    Nope, I've had no problems with IE. It could be that you have just 1 little setting wrong somewhere. Chrome might be your best bet as I've read that several had problems after a Firefox update.

It seems to be an intermittent problem that doesn't affect everybody. We have gotten more reports of them not working in IE then them working. But, we've had some that has said they aren't having any problems.

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I avoid IE like the plague. I prefer to use a browser that doesn't invite malware, spyware, or viruses.