UV Mapping Issue

I have had a problem with artifacts on a Gen 3 character in a scene.  I have worked out what the problem is but have no idea how it happened or, more importantly how to fix it.  I have been trawling the web to no avail.  Somehow the UV mapping has gone haywire and swapped the UV maps on the Torso and Arms for the Leg UV map.  Is there anyway to fix this or is it easier to junk the scene and start again?  I've started work on a different scene and the problem hasn't reoccurred.  Yet.

Comments

• Have you tried reapplying the materials preset? I suspect it's not that the mapping is wromng but that the image assignment has become muddled.

• Yes, that was the first thing I tried.  It didn't like it.  I even tried applying the base G3F texture and another random character.  

Richard Haseltine said:

Have you tried reapplying the materials preset? I suspect it's not that the mapping is wromng but that the image assignment has become muddled.

• SquishySquishy Posts: 455
    edited February 2021

you shouldn't have to junk a scene just because of a problem with a single character, why don't you save the shape and materials for the messed up character and just load a fresh, blank G3 figure and apply the shape/materials?

Post edited by Squishy on
  •  That's probably the best solution.  I was just hoping there might be a fix or at least an explanation.  I hate things going wrong when I don't know why.

pjzanca said:

you shouldn't have to junk a scene just because of a problem with a single character, why don't you save the shape and materials for the messed up character and just load a fresh, blank G3 figure and apply the shape/materials?

• SquishySquishy Posts: 455
    edited February 2021

I hear you but at worst at least you can work around it pretty quickly :)

Post edited by Squishy on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,557

Amy_Bone said:

That's probably the best solution.  I was just hoping there might be a fix or at least an explanation.  I hate things going wrong when I don't know why.

pjzanca said:

Been using DS for years and that happens once a week, LOL