DS to hex and back. How to make secondary morph with pre-dialed morphs?

tmtmtm_f56c8d4bdatmtmtm_f56c8d4bda Posts: 84
edited October 2014 in Hexagon Discussion

Since Daz has the nice bridge between hex and studio, I'm using it to make custom morph dials.

I created a tooth morph to make Dracula teeth. It's Halloween soon, so it's only timely, right? Works fine, but I'd like a secondary morph that thickens the teeth. Right now all I know is how to make one for each, and it's giving weird results.

How I did it:

Dialed up teeth length 100%, then send to hex.

In hex, i did some vertex editing to create the thickness I want, and sent it back to studio.

In DS, when I dial up my new morph, it's going crazy with tooth length... I know I am missing something. I looked at a tutorial but don't understand it :( low IQ apparently...

How exactly am I supposed to make a secondary morph that uses pre-dialed other morphs in its zero state? How do I keep my new morph from messing with the pre-dialed morphs?

Thanks!

Post edited by tmtmtm_f56c8d4bda on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863
    edited December 1969

In DS go to Edit>Preferences>Interface tab (or on a mac, Apple menu>Preferences>Interface tab), and under bridges set Hexagon to Show Advanced. Now when you come back from creating your morph in Hexagon you should be able to set the Reverse Deformations option to on, removing the effect of the lengthen morph and leaving only the changes to thicken the teeth.

• tmtmtm_f56c8d4bdatmtmtm_f56c8d4bda Posts: 84
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the message, that totally works!