Lux Render making eyes white

sadI don't understand the appeal of this rendering engine. It is an absolute pain in the ass to use compared to 3Delight and Iray, can't stand it. It damn near requires a degree in photography to render a scene right. The only reason why I'm using it is because its the only plugin Daz uses that actually uses an AMD GPU at all. Can someone tell me how I can fix it rendering my characters eyes as plain white? 

Post edited by lou618_2b45855fe7 on

Comments

• How are you sending the scene to LuxRender?

• PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 663

Are you using the Reality Plugin? if so what generation of figure are you using?

• lou618_2b45855fe7lou618_2b45855fe7 Posts: 65
    edited February 2021

Platnumk said:

Are you using the Reality Plugin? if so what generation of figure are you using?

Yes, I'm using the reality plugin with the Genesis8/V8 character. One old post on here said to change her eye surface to glass, and its glass type to architectural, but it didn't work.  frown

Post edited by lou618_2b45855fe7 on

Have a read through this,  A Guide To Reality Eyes it should help with correcting the eye settings (even tho it only covers up to G3 the settings will work on G8)

• Platnumk said:

Have a read through this,  A Guide To Reality Eyes it should help with correcting the eye settings (even tho it only covers up to G3 the settings will work on G8)

smiley Ok thanks, looks like its working. So what should I change the specular color to for the iris? Its way too dark with the settings given in that PDF. And what about things like doors? Should I leave it on glossy, or change it to something else like matte? 

lou618_2b45855fe7 said:

Platnumk said:

smiley Ok thanks, looks like its working. So what should I change the specular color to for the iris? Its way too dark with the settings given in that PDF. And what about things like doors? Should I leave it on glossy, or change it to something else like matte? 

Can you post a screenshot of your Iris setting.  As for doors it would depend on what type of look you are going for.