Applying pose makes figure teleport across the map

I applied a sitting pose on my figure which he suddenly vanished from his spot only to be found sitting in the corner far across the map.

How do i fix this?

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,249

The pose might have a specific location included, so there he goes. You can override the translation parameters (DS Native .ds, .duf poses only, not Poser .pz2) by holding the ctrl key when applying the pose and unchecking the x,y,z translation boxes in the Transforms area of the ensuing dialog. You can set your default preference for future use.

• In addition to what Northof45 has suggested, if that doesn't work, it may be useful to check if there are large translational differences between the figure X,Y & Z location and the hip X, Y & Z location before you apply the pose. It's possible the figure X, Y, Z has big translations (say 4500,0,6000) that are reversed by the hip translations (say -4500,0,-6000) so the figure appears close to the origin. Then if the new pose is applied, and it's a well behaved properly set up pose, it will not affect the figure XYZ, instead just move the hip to a small translation relative to the figure XYZ. In doing do, the incorrect initial figure XYZ now becomes visible because the hip translation is no-longer reversing it.

Just a thought that may be worth checking.

Richard.

• qertqert Posts: 89

Hey it works!

I never knew that option existed when applying poses. Now I will use it everytime i apply a pose to stop my figures from vanishing.

Thank you very much guys :)