Renders - first posting here since I have start learning clothes modeling here!

launoklaunok Posts: 782
edited October 2014 in Hexagon Discussion

Hi to all,

Today I had done quick test renders in Bryce where I have used the cyclist jersey, originally done with help from Patience55 and also help from Roygee in this forum here, and Ben from Daz Studio forums.

Used G2 male and you will notice lots of poke-through (2 clothing items on top of each other) since this is done for Genesis. Roygee, I had seen your tips regarding poke-through and will try it out soon, thank you!!

The gloves, socks and shoes as seen in render was from a Cyclist set by Wilmap, thank you again Wendy!

The helmet was done by Roygee and with his help I have attached the glasses screen. The colours on clothing items are Bryce mats.

Bicycle is a free model.

Road made by Fictionalbookshelf called "Dirt Road" on which I have used 'paved road' texture from the road add-on set. Both are from ShareCG.

To everybody who has helped me with this learning process, many thanks as I would not have managed without you nice people! :-)

Laura

Cyclist_render_in_Bryce_2.JPG
1200 x 603 - 497K
Cyclist_render_in_Bryce_1.JPG
1200 x 603 - 553K
Post edited by launok on

Comments

• Wee Dangerous JohnWee Dangerous John Posts: 1,605
    edited December 1969

Well done Launok, I know you had a few problems along the way but you did not give up.

• launoklaunok Posts: 782
    edited October 2014

Well done Launok, I know you had a few problems along the way but you did not give up.

Thank you John! Someone also has sent me a PM on how to add wrinkles and folds which I still have to try out.

In the meantime I have played a bit more regarding the poke-through problem and discovered the 'push-modifier' can hide the marks. Only thing is, not very nice looking effect when the item is close-up!! :smirk: What it actually does, it thickens the mesh and gives it a strange fat padded style look and not normal thin cloth. It depends on how your model is been used in the scene as to not shown the thickness.

In the attached image one doesn't notice the thickness of the jacket in the way it is positioned and for background use maybe will work better. Unfortunately Roygee's steps didn't quite work to use the smoothing modifier. Any other ideas to get rid of poke-through other than by adding the push-modifier and smoothing modifier!?

push_modifier_added.jpg
    628 x 472 - 69K
    Post edited by launok on
  • RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

I've been away for a week, so did not respond sooner.

when giving the tip regarding poke-through, I never realised it was undergarments and not the figure poking through. Have just got back, so no time to experiment.

Just a thought - the easiest way to deal with this would be to paint out the poke-through in Photoshop or such - I personally hardly ever get a render that doesn't need some post-work :)

• launoklaunok Posts: 782
    edited December 1969

Roygee said:
    I've been away for a week, so did not respond sooner.

when giving the tip regarding poke-through, I never realised it was undergarments and not the figure poking through. Have just got back, so no time to experiment.

Just a thought - the easiest way to deal with this would be to paint out the poke-through in Photoshop or such - I personally hardly ever get a render that doesn't need some post-work :)

Welcome back! :-)

Well, I also guessed post-work will have to be used. I actually uses Paint Shop Pro. I think Photoshop will also works like this, one can use a colour picker, i.e. in this case the turkoois colour of the jacket, and paint brush then picks up that colour to be used.

Just for interesting sake - If it wasn't for a forum thread I could have ended up buying a wrong product in HD (High Definition) and reading through the thread today, it's developed for 64-bit pc's only, I am running a 32-bit pc. Not sure if this is the case with all HD products. No mention of this however on the product page whether it's for the one or the other or both running systems.