Issue with CMS database after reinstall

WIN10 Daz 4.15 Loading with DIM to default paths (except I use a D:/users\public\... path instead of C:)

I installed via DIM all my purchases. I see the items with their icons in the Content Libary.

Yet, every item I try to load in a scen asks me to load missing files. As in all the files. 

I tried reloading the metadata and it ran through everything, but the problem persists.

Should I try the Reset database option?

It would suck to lose my user data I guess but havint to reload every item is probalby worse.

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,258

User Data can be exported (Content DB Maintenance -> Export User Data) and re-imported with the rest of the metadata, so you won't necessarily lose it if you must reset the database.

However, lack of a database will not interfere with the loading of assets, but it does provide additional info like content type and compatibility. Bad or missing metadata can be annoying and misleading for Smart Content, but not a showstopper.

It would sound like a library path is wrong or missing, but you say all the items are visible in the Content Library, which would indicate otherwise. In the error message, there is a path given for the missing assets. Do those files actually exist where the message says they should be? Are these scenes that you created yourself, or from a purchased product?

• Does the data folder, with all the .dsf files that hav no thumbnails, show in the Content Library pane under Daz Studio Formats?

• It does not

• Sorry, the data folder does not show in the content library

• I'm seeing thumbnails in the content folder. Just when I try to load into a scene, it says missing files with greyed out icon and if I let it, it loads the files.

• Thank you for your help.

For further reference, as I'm guessing it is something with the database. I had reinstalled my purchases due to a hard drive crash. 

Everything is there, thimb nails and all.

When I say its is reloading all the files I should be more clear, all the files for the item.

So I load a character, it says missing files, and I click install and it loads all the files for the character. This process repeats every product I tried to load.

My C: drive with windwos was fine and I made no changes to the \app\roaming\ info. I assumed that by renstalling Daz and all it;s content would have saved any changes as needed.

I just noticed when I tried to reload daz I got a error popup "data files were not completely loaded check the log file"

I've attached the log. I'm reading it for clues.

txt
    txt
    log.txt
    1M
  • Are you saying that the main Product Tumbnail (in Samrt Content or in the products list in the Content Library pane) is greyed out, and when you try loading the content you have to do a Connect install? Or is the product apparently fine, but complains of missing files on loading?

• The product is apprently fine but complains of missing files.

When I click to allow install fro within the screen, all the files load and it then works fine. 

• I've attached screen caps of what I'm seeing

Icons look normal.

When i try tp load I get the second screen.

When I click install selected it loads all the files.

• I shouild add it is asking me to log in to load and going through Daz Connect. Which I've never used.

docx
    docx
    screen cap.docx
  • Is Daz connect default now?

Can I uninstall Daz Studio and reinstall wiithout connect without having to reinstall my 12,000 products. That took a week in of itself. I don't want to go through that again.

• Please attach the images, not a .docx file - the latter can potentially carry malware.

Connect is not the default, but it is the only way DS can offer to install "missing" files. Please attach the log file from just after atempting to load a file and getting that error (so that the relevant messages are at the end of the log).

Connect is the only way that Studio can install missing parts, but is is not the only way to install. In fact, you say you have installed everything, so allowing Connect to install the missing parts will not solve the problem, and will install another copy of the same product in a different location. If you keep doing that, you could potentially install everything twice, and the Connect version will have precedence over the same products installed with DIM or Central.

Did you re-install to the same location as originally? Did you change any configuration options in DIM (Package Archive, Manifest Archive, Content Path (aka Library))? Did you configure the Content Directory Manager in Studio to use the same Library folders for DAZ Studio Format (and Poser Format) as before, and do they match what you are using now?

• Sorry about the docx, I'll have to look up how to attach a screen cap in this forum, not my thing.

I'll post the log in a sec.

@Northof45, I was thinking the same thing but I don't know how to confirm the daz connect path is the same.

I reinstalled all the content to the same location. It is all there, I would say confirmed by the icons and labels and everything else seems to show. And I use the default, just use D; instead of C:

I've never messed with Daz Connect, so I assumed I did default as well. 

My D: drive went bad, so that was the new install, but I didn't touch my C; drive that has the windows/apps/rpamong data that Daz uses.

• Thank you both for your help.

I get an error on Studio load flash screen that "not all data may have loaded, check log"

I've attached the portion of the log from right after startup, then the portion from right after loading a product into the scene.

• Here are the DIM and CMS paths

txt
    txt
    sceneload.txt
    txt
    txt
    sceneload.txt
    CMS Paths.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 168K
  • Sorry repost of CMS Settings

CMS Paths.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 320K

Setup looks good, but it also looks like you are using Connect, which will cause you problems. Logging into your DAZ account from Studio will force it to use Connect, and since it now knows what products you own, it will try to install them when you use them. Log out and set your Studio preferences to not log in automatically. Uninstall everything that has been re-installed by Connect. You already have everything installed with DIM, so you shouldn't have any more problems.

• Thank you @ Northof45. I'll give that a go and see. 

• Am I looking in the wrong place?

Under Connect heading in Daz Studio the only option is "login", everyhting else is greyed out (including work offline)..

I can't find a way to change my preferences when not in studio

• As near as I can tell, I'm not logged in when studio loads. SmartContent has the button Login showing. Under Connect heading it only shows login as available.

• NorthOf45 said:

Setup looks good, but it also looks like you are using Connect, which will cause you problems. Logging into your DAZ account from Studio will force it to use Connect, and since it now knows what products you own, it will try to install them when you use them. Log out and set your Studio preferences to not log in automatically. Uninstall everything that has been re-installed by Connect. You already have everything installed with DIM, so you shouldn't have any more problems.

DS will not reinstall items that it knows are installed through DIM/Daz Central, or manually and the emtadata imported, even if it is on line. It won't install anything without being told to.

• From the log it seems clear that DS is goiung on line 9and updating the metadata) only after it has failed to find the texture files and then been told to go online. The mystery then is why it is finding some files but not others. If you don't let DS reinstall the product what do you get - an untextured model, or a stack of grey boxes?

• stack of grey boxes

Richard Haseltine said:

NorthOf45 said:

DS will not reinstall items that it knows are installed through DIM/Daz Central, or manually and the emtadata imported, even if it is on line. It won't install anything without being told to.

Well, it sounded like Studio was installing something after prompting the user to install the missing parts. There were references to Connect-style folders in those log files, so I assumed it was through Connect. I have read many threads about the various, um, adventures of using Connect, but have never tried to use it myself, so maybe I should just back away. Sorry to have muddied the waters.

• It seems I must have botched something on the Daz Install using DIM.

Perhaps I should have deleted the apps/roaming folders also before reinstalling?

If I unisntall Daz Studio through DIM, will the uninstall update the windows/app/roaming data/ files also?

And most importantly, if I do a full uninstall/re-install, I won't lose of have to reinstall content, correct?

Daz just needs the content path?

• OK, so it's finding neither the asset files nor the textures, but it is finding and showing the user-facing files. What is the full sequence of containers you see in the Content Library to get down to the files you load? If you find the product icon (in the products tab of Smart Content) what, if any, icon does it have at top-right?

• File tree:

Daz STudio Formats

Daz Connect

My Library

My Daz 3d Library

Poser Formats

Other Import Fromats

Products

Categories

• edited February 2021

Under Smart Content: I get the greyed out icon with the corcle/arrow download icon

Some have the exclamation mark, some the icon picture.

I can't dicern a pattern as to why the difference

Post edited by Umi no Senshi no Ishi on
  • Again, Thank you for your help Richard.

If it's any help, under the Products Heading I ge tthe same as Smart Content.

But under My Daz 3D Library Icons look as normal.