I'm creating symmetry. Do we have a tool for that?

iSeeThisiSeeThis Posts: 552
edited October 2014 in New Users

I mean, like we make the left arm pose and altogether we have the right arm pose symmetrically. Or at least any tool to create a reference line in the middle? I try to make a plane but can't find a way to have it solid+visible while editing. Thank you!

Post edited by iSeeThis on

Comments

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited October 2014

Edit: Misread the original post.

CTRL+Y in Daz Studio will bring up the Symmetry dialog. Here you can duplicate the left-hand side of a figure to the right-hand side and vice versa. You can also elect to swap a pose from left to right as well.

Post edited by Herald of Fire on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,858
    edited December 1969

If you want to pose symmetrically, both DS and Poser have functions to do that after the fact (that is, you pose one side and then the command adjusts the other side to match).

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

My Art Studio thread has a reference section. I have this under Symmetry: (and it's very specific.)

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/28729/#426858

• iSeeThisiSeeThis Posts: 552
    edited December 1969

Thank you everyone!

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
    edited December 1969

Edit: Misread the original post.

CTRL+Y in Daz Studio will bring up the Symmetry dialog. Here you can duplicate the left-hand side of a figure to the right-hand side and vice versa. You can also elect to swap a pose from left to right as well.

Oooh..you answsered a questio I didn't know to ask but was wishing I knew earlier.