Creating DMC files for original characters?

MediaheadMediahead Posts: 115
edited December 1969 in Art Studio

Has anyone successfully created DMC files for characters that did not already have DMC files available? How is it done?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,885
    edited December 1969

if you can use Mimic pro
    if not notepad
    I have to use the latter for some Poser figures that crash Mimic
    you open the default dmc file and swap out the morphs, visemes if you have them
    for a cow, just mouth pen moo and side to side available for instance so you use a combination of those
    some figures only have mouth open

• MediaheadMediahead Posts: 115
    edited December 1969

Sorry Wendy, I'm not sure if I understand. If the character morphs only contain mouth open morph, would copying and pasting the dmc default viseme into the target character's cr2 work?

edited December 1969

No because it is a file telling the lipsync which morphs to assign to each phoneme and many figures have them named differently
    a lot of Daz figures indeed use the default one
    but figures made by others basically have morphs called what ever the creator decided to name them
    can be
    open mouth
    mouth open
    talk
    speak
    moo
    whatever
    you need to look in parameters and see what they are called
    if they are under head?
    Actor?
    Or general?
    Need to be under head for an easy edit but can be elsewhere but a bit more work
    looking at several different dmc files for other figures may help
    if not under head you may be able to go into edit mode in parameters select and use clone mode for head then resave as a new cr2
    you would need the cr2 exporter script
    or export the pose as an obj file choosing head only then reimport as a morph target on the head
    I never said it was easy!

edited October 2014

Mimic pro simplifies it considerably

unfortunately DAZ has decided to pull it from the shop

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

https://web.archive.org/web/20110702125130/http://www.daz3d.com/i/software/mimic/download?download=P
    I found the old dmc files that used to be available for download but sadly you cannot download them