Dirty Dishes

Fungible UserFungible User Posts: 456
edited February 2021 in The Commons

From the bottom of my heart, thank you, GCJellyfish, so very much for Dirty Dishes https://www.daz3d.com/dirty-dishes . It is a product I have yearned for, for a very long, long time. Now my characters do not need to endure a composite series of scenes with a full, untouched meal in front of them, as if they all have some bizarre eating disorder. Dirty Dishes brings realism to a whole new level, and I can only hope we get more of this type of product from vendors in the future in order to carry the narrative of 3D scenes to further resemble real life. 

Post edited by Fungible User on

Comments

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,008

Yep, this leapt out at me. Great combination of real world (dishes) with impossibility (Stonemason meditation). 

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,685

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout! @GCJellyfish, you did it!
    And thanks to you, empty, for acknowledging this so I had somewhere to post my kudos without having to start a thread.

• ^I dropped in to say the same thing.

This is indeed one of those great ideas that's been needed for a long time - and very well executed. More kudos to @GCJellyfish :)

• Love it! So cool, plus the fact that there are all the 'half eaten' bits so you can actually have scenes where food is gradually being eaten. Just fantastic laugh

Immediately purchased heart

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,743

Agree with all of the above! And the food looks like something I would find in real life. 

• Agree
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

nicely done product for sure

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,252

Yup. Long needed. Only criticism I could make is the lack of 3DL.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,026

JOdel said:

Yup. Long needed. Only criticism I could make is the lack of 3DL.

Yes, 3DL materials would have been great. Unfortunately they've become pretty rare... sad

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

Ha! this went in my cart soooo fast!! and even though it doesn't have 3DL it's worth making my own 3DL settings . so now let me just say loaded silverware !! spoons with food on the forks the same a knife etc.etc. etc. hehehhee more more more !! Thank you very much!!

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Love it.

It has the I'm selling it cause I made it for me anyway kinda vibe.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,760

nicstt said:

Love it.

It has the I'm selling it cause I made it for me anyway kinda vibe.

Yeah, I don't recognize the PA name but this went immediately into my cart.  In this day when some PAs are trying to sell props seperate from sets, it's nice to see so many useful things combined in a single package.  

• watchdog79watchdog79 Posts: 1,026

This looks like a great product, something that there apparently is not nearly enough of available.

I love the individual pieces being usable separately, as it allows for some serious kitbashing. I would love to see more different meals done in volume 2. Maybe even something plain, like a blob of mashed potatoes, or beans, or rice, and some other kinds of meat. Perhaps biscuits, cookies, pieces of cake?

Anyway, well done.yes

• Hi! Thanks for the nice comments. I'm glad you are enjoying them and I hope they will be helpful. This is my ever first product as an asset maker so I hope to give as much bang for the buck as I can. I am contemplating doing another set of food and drink props along the same lines so the feedback is encouraging as I contemplate my next endeavor.

As for 3DL materials....I'll try to keep that in mind going forward. In all honesty I never use 3DL so have no experience with setting up materials for that engine and I was under the impression it was a legacy engine.With so many individual props, creating a second set of materials would be a lot of additional time.

• gcjellyfish said:

Hi! Thanks for the nice comments. I'm glad you are enjoying them and I hope they will be helpful. This is my ever first product as an asset maker so I hope to give as much bang for the buck as I can. I am contemplating doing another set of food and drink props along the same lines so the feedback is encouraging as I contemplate my next endeavor.

As for 3DL materials....I'll try to keep that in mind going forward. In all honesty I never use 3DL so have no experience with setting up materials for that engine and I was under the impression it was a legacy engine.With so many individual props, creating a second set of materials would be a lot of additional time.

You did a great shop for a first product. Couldn't say that DAZ did an equally good job, they messed up SmartContent data quite a bit... 

• A quick search tagged this. Could this be used by BOTH you and the customers on the fence?

https://www.daz3d.com/rssy-iray-to-3delight-converter-and-merchant-resource

Thank you for this product. I did say, a few years ago, that more products like this were needed. Nicely, it seels like PAs have finally started embracing litter, trash, clutter and loose clothing items.

Hoods/Hoodies that can be up and down.....

Jackets that can open (still havent getten the full, full versions of zippered and open) and some clothing for the various states between dressed and undressed.

------

Bitten cookies,,,,bags of chips with the chips loose...

Bowl of popcorn...

Bitten fruit - up to like an apple core....the cliche' one- where the top and bottom are still there....

• fred9803fred9803 Posts: 1,559

A very useful product for people who do scenes like I do. The tipping morphs for the drinks is icing on the cake. All-round excellent product, let alone first product..... great work Griffin!

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited February 2021

Thank you for this @gcjellyfish!  bought it straightaway laugh heart yes

Post edited by 3dLux on
  • Must admit it made me wonder if 'ThoseThings' had made her food shaders a MR and we were seeing the first product using it.

The answer was no, though. Looks great, though.

Regards,

Richard.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,147
    I bought it, too. It looks great and I'm eager to try it out.
  • If you don't want to buy or can't afford the RSSY conversion script, there is the one in the free section, also you can use spyrou's (pretty sure I spelled that wrong) shader that turns everything to base grey. If the iray textures for this set has the texture images in the runtime/textures folder, you can manually apply and skip the iray usage. You will probably need to tweak a little bit, but I have never had a problem doing any of these.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

I like It. Do wish for food on fork options but looks like I can parent it.

• Hi Serene. That's a good thing to know going forward. I did start playing around a bit with that towards the end of development. There is a spaghetti mouthful/bite item that is smart parented to the fork for what it is worth. I will endeavor to make more smart parented props like that next go around. This is my first time out so it's all a learning curve for me. There are some things I would do differently in retrospect, but that's the learning curve for you.

And I'm sorry to hear you ran into smart content metadata issues Mark. Perhaps you would be willing to submit a ticket detailing the specific issues to the Daz store team so they know what needs to be fixed. Unfortunately, this is not something I am able to fix on my end as the DIM installer and smart data were all created by the Daz store team. My own installation has smart data manually setup by me so it's hard for me to know what is incorrectly configured.

• PitmaticPitmatic Posts: 776

Yes bouth this too so usefull :)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,569

...indeed.  I love prop sets like this as they are so useful. 

Would love to see future sets that include dirty pots, pans, skillets, and oven ware.

• PitmaticPitmatic Posts: 776

@gcjellyfish if you do more for this can we have  fried Egg and chips, fish and chips (think british greasy spoon cafe), tea in china and mugs with chipped options and if you can maybe do some table cloths (including PVC) i am classy!) with and with out stains

Also broken plates would be very usefull too and dont forget toast!

I think you might have started something here smiley

just saying :)

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,456

With the amount of characters and morphs causing problems with figures, we should see more products like this, timeless and well done

• @gcjellyfish A really great first product. Please continue. I have already filed a ticket wit DAZ regarding the smart content data. You have organized the product really well, so it easy to use from the library tab. Btw, I tried to use the plain contents part, and categorize it with Content Wizard. Even a plain algorithm does a better job than DAZ is doing. You should get a higher percentage of sales, as DAZ has obviously not done their job.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,147
    edited February 2021

@gcjellyfish I made my first plate of food. I don't know when I have ever received this much value for the money in the Daz Store. I really look forward to your next product!

It is sad that Daz made such a mess out of the half baked metadata that they provided. It doesn't let your product shine the way it could. Thank goodness you did such a nice job of organization in the content library folders!

Food plate_Default Camera.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • Mark_e593e0a5 said:

@gcjellyfish A really great first product. Please continue. I have already filed a ticket wit DAZ regarding the smart content data. You have organized the product really well, so it easy to use from the library tab. Btw, I tried to use the plain contents part, and categorize it with Content Wizard. Even a plain algorithm does a better job than DAZ is doing. You should get a higher percentage of sales, as DAZ has obviously not done their job.

... and I got the feedback that they have put it to the bug tracker.