Maniacs! You blew it up! Damn you! Damn you! Damn you all to hell! - Chuck Heston

DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,079
edited February 2021 in Carrara Discussion

Insert every bad word of exclamation that you can think of.  

I was saving a WIP for this month's challenge and got interrupted by a Windows update that scrambled my file.

Damn them.  Damn them.  Damn them all to hell!!.

bb01 goddam updates.jpg
1454 x 975 - 166K
Post edited by Diomede on

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

those cocky lil windows bastards.

i have y update settings set to off, yet every once in a while i see a notification popup windows was unable to complete an update download.

same thing with my iphone.  i have to delete 2gb update downloads every few weeks.  damn thing is using up data quotas

every day i have to not now a message for apple id .  no button for not never.

another cocky lil sneak is adobe. i refuse to log in to adobe.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,801

Gotta love windows updates

if only for reading posts like this devil

I think it's called shadenfreudensomething angel

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,561

That's horrible. I feel your pain.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,224

I'm sorry, Diomede! Argh!!!

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924

i think it proves microsoft has a sense of humour...... sorry to hear that Ted

• short of disabling your internet while doing stuff or buying Enterprise not much we can do.

My Win7 at least never does updates other than securityyes

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813

WendyLuvsCatz said:

short of disabling your internet while doing stuff or buying Enterprise not much we can do.

My Win7 at least never does updates other than securityyes

Windows 10 Pro (a step down from Enterprise/Education) allows you to defer security patches for up to 35 days, the big feature version updates for up to 365 days (depending), or until you manually check for them. It also allows you to tell it to only do updates during certain times of the day when the system is less likely to be busy. I think it costs about $150 US, but I'm not sure; this system was ordered with the Pro version, so I'm not sure what it would cost as a separate upgrade from Win 10 Home.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,561

You can disable the services that enable reporting and updating. You can also use a 3rd party firewall to block updating. Doing these things can have unexpected side-effects, though.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,079

Thanks for the sympathies and the suggestions. 

Aaargh.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,695

Darnation & double darnation - hope you get your scene sorted !!!

• pity no recent backups to grab a previous version from under properties, yeah I exclude my Carrara folder from backup as too big so know the pain.