Locking Feet of Character?

DekeDeke Posts: 1,609
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I'm trying to do a very simple animation of a character standing and shifting weight from one foot to another. I try to move the hips of the character, but that moves the entire character. Is there a way to lock the feet to the ground plane and move the mid-section? I haven't found any solutions online. Or are there some Aniblocks that already do this? Thanks.

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Try this, Under Tools pick the Active Pose Tool. It allows you to PIN Bones so they do not move and to move the figure from the bone you select. With the Active Pose tool selected you select one of the feet (in windows) and hit the spacebar, that pins it, then do the other foot. Now select the hip and move it, use the same tool, if you change from the Active Pose tool the Pins no longer work.

• DekeDeke Posts: 1,609
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the tip. I was able to lock or pin the feet, but still couldn't move the hips or pelvis in a manner the utilized the kinematics to shift weight from one foot to the other. Here's another question: Sometimes I will delete key frames, but the character still moves. It's like there's a ghost-memory of the in-betweens created between keyframes, even when I delete them. Any thoughts?

• DekeDeke Posts: 1,609
    edited December 1969

I figured out part of the issue here. In this program each part of the body that's animated created it's own timeline. So even though I erase the keyframes from one part, I still have have movement of another part.