Headshop 13 w Lovechild

Hi I'm having serious trouble with headshop 13 with lovechild plugin.

The program works fine, it exports the .obj-file and texture content aswell. However, when I open DAZ, load a Genesis 8 Basic Female character, remove eyelashes (I also tried NOT removing the eyelashes) because I read somewhere that the eyelashes sometimes causes problems, and start Morph Loader Pro and find my .obj-file from the Headshop 13 software and try loading the morph - a popup appears saying "Geometry did not match, failed to create morph." I should also mention that I haven't been able to integrate the Headshop plugin into Daz Studio, I am forced to use Headshop as a stand alone program for exporting the .obj-file. I use Windows 10 Pro, Daz Studio 4.15.0.2.

Can anyone help med out?

Thanks

DAZ MLP Trouble.JPG
471 x 149 - 15K

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,456

Which base character is the stand alone version using to create the OBJ file?

You can also import the OBJ as it is into DS to see if there are for example lashes on it, in which case the geometry would not match the G8 head geometry.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,013
    edited February 2021

thomasritzler said:

The program works fine, it exports the .obj-file and texture content aswell. However, when I open DAZ, load a Genesis 8 Basic Female character, remove eyelashes (I also tried NOT removing the eyelashes) because I read somewhere that the eyelashes sometimes causes problems, and start Morph Loader Pro and find my .obj-file from the Headshop 13 software and try loading the morph - a popup appears saying "Geometry did not match, failed to create morph." I should also mention that I haven't been able to integrate the Headshop plugin into Daz Studio, I am forced to use Headshop as a stand alone program for exporting the .obj-file. I use Windows 10 Pro, Daz Studio 4.15.0.2.

Can anyone help med out?

Thanks

1. It sounds like you may have missed putting the figure to base resolution. And yes for the G8 figures, no eyelashes.

For the Windows edition, yes when you open D/S, under Edit there should be the option to start Headshop. Check through the provided readme instructions for installation.

Under Edit.png
    244 x 362 - 16K
    Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • thomasritzler said:

Can anyone help med out?

Please make sure you set DAZ Studio Preferences to "Default" as shown:

1.jpg
    719 x 490 - 118K
  • I followed the directions and manually installed but it is not appearing on the edit drop down. Anyone else had this trouble and found a workaround/solution?

• info_b3470fa520info_b3470fa520 Posts: 880
    edited February 2021

Catherine3678ab said:

thomasritzler said:

Can anyone help med out?

Thanks

1. It sounds like you may have missed putting the figure to base resolution. And yes for the G8 figures, no eyelashes.

For the Windows edition, yes when you open D/S, under Edit there should be the option to start Headshop. Check through the provided readme instructions for installation.

Little correction: You do not need to put the Genesis figure in "Base" resolution - the morphs will work also in "High" resolution

Post edited by info_b3470fa520 on
  • Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,013
    edited February 2021

info_b3470fa520 said:

Catherine3678ab said:

thomasritzler said:

Can anyone help med out?

Thanks

Little correction: You do not need to put the Genesis figure in "Base" resolution - the morphs will work also in "High" resolution

Unless they've changed something in the coding from previous editions, no. To make a morph from an .obj import via Morph Loader, one needs to have the receiver at base resolution.

Once the morph is made then certainly one can return the figure to high resolution.

If one makes it all through HeadShop one does not need to change the resolution or remove the eyelashes however I find helping the plugin doesn't hurt anything either ;-)

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • kage_mortalis said:

I followed the directions and manually installed but it is not appearing on the edit drop down. Anyone else had this trouble and found a workaround/solution?

99% of this situation user installed HeadShop to default installation, but has the working DAZ Studio on another location. 

Step 1. Make sure you verify where your working DAZ Styudio is installed.

Step 2. Once verified, install HeadShop TO THIS LOCATION. For example: if your DAZ Studio is installed on d: Apps/DAZ 3D then you enter this as the destination folder at install.

• Kage_mortalis, it would be nice to get feedback. Did the instructions solved your issue? If not, would you like to have a skype/screen share tech support?

• kage_mortaliskage_mortalis Posts: 3
    edited February 2021

Sorry that I have not responded. Work prevented me from trying until yesterday. I spent the better part of the day searching to ensure I followed the directions correctly and seeking a work around. Still no luck. I would greatly appreciate technical support! Please email me and we can schedule a time. Thank you

Post edited by kage_mortalis on
  • Please invite me on skype. My skype name is lasloves, I am in California

• Update on my installation difficulty Headshop: Predictably the problem was the way I had Daz set up as I had tried to move its location in the past. Lasloves (the author) emailed me the day after I posted to the forums. Unfortunately, the email got caught in a spam folder. He then contacted me on the forums (which prompted me to check my email spam folder). We set up a time to skype. He solved my problem in 8 minutes and 3 seconds including introduction and pleasantries. To say this was great customer service would be an understatement. I am now up, running and completely recommend headshop 13. Also, I feel completely comfortable purchasing anything produced by Abalone LLC. Thank you again! 

• kage_mortalis said:

Update on my installation difficulty Headshop: Predictably the problem was the way I had Daz set up as I had tried to move its location in the past. Lasloves (the author) emailed me the day after I posted to the forums. Unfortunately, the email got caught in a spam folder. He then contacted me on the forums (which prompted me to check my email spam folder). We set up a time to skype. He solved my problem in 8 minutes and 3 seconds including introduction and pleasantries. To say this was great customer service would be an understatement. I am now up, running and completely recommend headshop 13. Also, I feel completely comfortable purchasing anything produced by Abalone LLC. Thank you again! 

I am also having a problem installing HeadShop 13. What I have tried:

• Gone to Help/About Installed plugins" and click on any plugin. Where I read the location where the DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4 folder is installed. Then followed the directions in the YouTube video to manually install.
    • Clicked on the Install Manager Ready button on the product page. Then finished in DIM.

After each attempt I restarted DS.

Would you be able to list the process you used to get it working?

Thanks

• mbKingWin, HeadShop DOES NOT INSTALL WITH DAZ INSTALLERS!!! It has its own installer. Please read README document that explains the installation.

The installer has step by step instructions. Key is to select the CORRECT DESTINATION FOLDER to install to. 

The steps outlined to find where your working DAZ Studio is installed are in the manual in Chapter 4: https://printahead.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/HS13-Manual.pdf

If still no luck, pls. send me an email: [email protected]

• info_b3470fa520 said:

mbKingWin, HeadShop DOES NOT INSTALL WITH DAZ INSTALLERS!!! It has its own installer. Please read README document that explains the installation.

The installer has step by step instructions. Key is to select the CORRECT DESTINATION FOLDER to install to. 

The steps outlined to find where your working DAZ Studio is installed are in the manual in Chapter 4: https://printahead.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/HS13-Manual.pdf

If still no luck, pls. send me an email: [email protected]

That seems to have fixed it.  So, it appears that there are two application folders, One at C:\Daz 3D, and onother one inside that folder at C:\Daz 3D\Applications\64-bit\DAZ 3D, That just seems wrong!

Anyway, It was the nested one that I needed to use for the install of HeadShop.

Thanks for the help.

Daz3D.jpg
    883 x 174 - 36K
  • mbKingWin, you are right, one of the folders is wrong, due to inattintive installation. Please readREADME before installing!