"Stacking" morphs - is it possible? [SOLVED]

Cayman StudiosCayman Studios Posts: 1,134

I'm not sure if this is even possible, if it isn't I'll have to use a workaround.

I want to base one morph on another morph, so that the second morph follows on from the first. I do not want the morphs to combine. For example, if a tree is the base object, morph A will be a horizontal branch, and morph B a vertical offshoot of that branch. Currently if I apply morph B on its own it will not follow what I would consider a natural growth. If I apply morph B after morph A I will get a grotesque exaggeration of morph B.

One workaround would be to have morph A (tree with branch) as the base object with two additional morphs, one adding the offshoot, the other removing the branch. But I would prefer a more natural series of progressions.

So, is there a way to "stack" morphs?

Post edited by Cayman Studios on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,382
    edited December 1969

If you want to keep Morph A and apply Morph B on top of it:

Load the OBJ for Morph A with Morph Loader

Set Morph A to 1 (or 100% depending on how it displays).

Load the OBJ for Morph A plus Morph B with Morph Loader Pro. In the options area expand to see the Reverse Deformations option, right-click on it and select yes to set it on. Click Accept

Now you should have a slider that applies the needed changes to add the twig when the branch is set (but it will look weird when Morph A isn't set).

• Cayman StudiosCayman Studios Posts: 1,134
    edited December 1969

Excellent! Thanks, Richard. Within its context the second morph alone doesn't look too weird. I am trying to assemble some morphs for some clothing, so this should make everything flow a lot more naturally. Thanks again.