Trouble creating morph for clothing item

Hi all! I am super new to all this 3D modeling stuff, so please excuse the potentially silly newbie question.

I have a blouse on my character in DAZ. As you can tell from the attachment, there's a small section where the fabric needs to be pulled out. I saved the body and the blouse as 2 separate obj files (following the instructions from a video, exporting it as base resolution, etc.). I add them into Blender, used a little bit of scultping to drag out the fabric, then imported it back into DAZ as a moprh. However, the moprh doesn't actually seem to work. All it does is distort the entire thing (see picture). I followed a YouTube tutorial to do this, and double checked all the settings he used (which could totally be incorrect). The morph loads successfully into DAZ, it doesn't just...well...morph. Understanding there could probably be a million things happening here, any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Before Mod.jpg
495 x 317 - 24K
Blender.jpg
370 x 220 - 11K
After mod.jpg
730 x 476 - 53K

Comments

• Five13Five13 Posts: 69

I think perhaps you should double check your import and export settings when taking the OBJ for the blouse into and out of Blender. When you imported the OBJ into blender did you have Poly Groups ticked under Keep Vert Order in the Geometry section?  Similarly when exporting from Blender did you have Polygroups and Keep Vertex Order ticked? it could be that. Or something else. 

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,655
    edited January 2021

Keep Vertex Order checked in the Blender export options is the needed step, I'm pretty sure.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

What I would do for a small one-off modification you'll never use again is use Mesh Grabber, and make that tiny adjustment in Daz Studio, rather than go through all the trouble of all that exporting and importing.  Mesh Grabber goes on sale pretty often, and makes life so much easier, even without the add-ons.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,309

Sevrin said:

What I would do for a small one-off modification you'll never use again is use Mesh Grabber, and make that tiny adjustment in Daz Studio, rather than go through all the trouble of all that exporting and importing.  Mesh Grabber goes on sale pretty often, and makes life so much easier, even without the add-ons.

I use Dformers which come free with DS.