MSRB - The Mississippi Steamer River Boat [Commercial]

3djoji3djoji Posts: 1,075
edited January 2021 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Feel Free to ask your question about the product here or simply comment.

MSRB-popup_01.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 787K
Post edited by 3djoji on

Comments

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,253

And another splendid ship model. Slam dunk into the cart.

• 3djoji3djoji Posts: 1,075
    edited January 2021

JOdel said:

Thank you! I'm soooo happy, I sell at least one piece laugh and I'm proud that it is to you! 

Post edited by 3djoji on
  • 3djoji said:

JOdel said:

Thank you! I'm soooo happy, I sell at least one piece laugh and I'm proud that it is to you! 

It's in my cart too.

Richard Haseltine said:

3djoji said:

JOdel said:

It's in my cart too.

yes laugh  ! At least I get two, this is a good news ! Thank you so much Richard and happy new year.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

I'll be buying it too, eventually. It looks very nice. I used to be taken to steamboat races when I was little. I've never heard of the Noela Gilbert though, the races I saw were the Belle of Louisville vs the Delta Queen during the Kentucky Derby festivities.

nonesuch00 said:

I'll be buying it too, eventually. It looks very nice. I used to be taken to steamboat races when I was little. I've never heard of the Noela Gilbert though, the races I saw were the Belle of Louisville vs the Delta Queen during the Kentucky Derby festivities.

This 3D boat is drawn from the Marieville plans, a Mississippi paddleboat steamer from the 19th century (1884). I can not use the original name because of the copyright  laws  (a wood model of that boat exists) and I name it "Noela Gilbert" (in a first step I use "Mamy Gilbert" but because of the censorship, I've to changed it) and I add personal and original details. The name can be changed easily from the texture and, if necessary, I can do it for free for anybody who mail me the request. At that time the main sign between the two funnels must be adapted too.

It was a joke to say that I sell at least two of them of course, the item runs very well because that kind of boat is not common due to the expensive time for its creation (usual for all detailled 3D boat  or ship model).

Nevertheless, you're welcome to join our paddle boat fan club.

Thank you for your comment.

Georges

edited January 2021

I was preparing this promo (the model of the boat wasn't yet finished) but I don't used it because I never receive the right to use the background for a commercial project. For those who wonder how the boat may integrate a real historical environment it may give some responses.

bw2.jpg
    2500 x 1948 - 1M
    Post edited by 3djoji on

3djoji said:

nonesuch00 said:

This 3D boat is drawn from the Marieville plans, a Mississippi paddleboat steamer from the 19th century (1884). I can not use the original name because of the copyright  laws  (a wood model of that boat exists) and I name it "Noela Gilbert" (in a first step I use "Mamy Gilbert" but because of the censorship, I've to changed it) and I add personal and original details. The name can be changed easily from the texture and, if necessary, I can do it for free for anybody who mail me the request. At that time the main sign between the two funnels must be adapted too.

It was a joke to say that I sell at least two of them of course, the item runs very well because that kind of boat is not common due to the expensive time for its creation (usual for all detailled 3D boat  or ship model).

Nevertheless, you're welcome to join our paddle boat fan club.

Thank you for your comment.

Georges

Thanks, that explains it. I look forward to buying and will email you when I'm ready to change the name.

3djoji said:

I was preparing this promo (the model of the boat wasn't yet finished) but I don't used it because I never receive the right to use the background for a commercial project. For those who wonder how the boat may intergrate a real historical environment it may give some responses.

That looks super.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808
    edited January 2021

As soon as I saw this I said "oh yes, this is a buy". I grew up in St. Louis which stands next to the Mississippi and I now live in Cincinnati which lies along the Ohio River. Riverboats were a big part of both cities growth and prosperity. Now I just have to find a suitable virtual river to try it on.

The Cincinnati Museum Center has a walk-on steamboat model that my grandkids like to go on:

Cincinnati has also held six "Tall Stacks" festivals The first was in 1988 to celebrate the city's bicentennial. Fourteen steamboats gathered that year for races, cruises, and tours. The largest gathering of steamboats was 19 in 1995 and 1999. Each festival attracted between 600,000 to 900,00 people, the latter for the last festival in 2006. With all the light, music, and boats cruising on the river, night time at the festivals was an exciting event.

Post edited by RGcincy on

RGcincy said:

As soon as I saw this I said "oh yes, this is a buy". I grew up in St. Louis which stands next to the Mississippi and I now live in Cincinnati which lies along the Ohio River. Riverboats were a big part of both cities growth and prosperity. Now I just have to find a suitable virtual river to try it on.

The Cincinnati Museum Center has a walk-on steamboat model that my grandkids like to go on:

edit : picture removed

Cincinnati has also held six "Tall Stacks" festivals The first was in 1988 to celebrate the city's bicentennial. Fourteen steamboats gathered that year for races, cruises, and tours. The largest gathering of steamboats was 19 in 1995 and 1999. Each festival attracted between 600,000 to 900,00 people, the latter for the last festival in 2006. With all the light, music, and boats cruising on the river, night time at the festivals was an exciting event.

edit : pictures removed

This is very interresting, I didn't know about the museum, it would be a nice document for making the boat.  Thank you for your comment and happy new year

• EightiesIsEnoughEightiesIsEnough Posts: 1,069
    edited January 2021

i purchased the steamboat yesterday.  Looks great.

However, it would be nice to have some interiors, such as a stage and seating/dining tables for a live show and even some rooms for sleeping in.

Post edited by EightiesIsEnough on
    edited January 2021

EightiesIsEnough said:

i purchased the steamboat yesterday.  Looks great.

However, it would be nice to have some interiors, such as a stage and seating/dining tables for a live show and even some rooms for sleeping in.

It is forseen to get such a place but for a while I'm working on an other project. What I've made are some cabin interiors to catch from the outside of the boat, through the windows. Thank you for your support. Have a great pleasure with this one and happy new year.

deck83.png
    1300 x 1000 - 2M
    deck86.png
    1300 x 1000 - 2M
    deck87.png
    1300 x 1000 - 2M
    deck84.png
    1300 x 1000 - 2M
    Post edited by 3djoji on
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,376

Would just like to say that I really enjoy and admire your ship models in general, the Marmara boat especially is one of the prettiest, most realistic 3d items I own. The new boat went to the top of my wishlist, will buy as soon as my budget has recovered from the holiday sales. Thanks for creating such beautiful models, and keep going!

Have a lovely 2021!

tsroemi said:

Would just like to say that I really enjoy and admire your ship models in general, the Marmara boat especially is one of the prettiest, most realistic 3d items I own. The new boat went to the top of my wishlist, will buy as soon as my budget has recovered from the holiday sales. Thanks for creating such beautiful models, and keep going!

Have a lovely 2021!

Thank you. Happy 2021 too 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,322

Got it !  Love it !heart But just wondering what environment was used for the promo river scenes ?

Charlie Judge said:

Got it !  Love it !heart But just wondering what environment was used for the promo river scenes ?

For the first four promos I use an HDRi from this site  https://hdrihaven.com/ called lakes, for the others, the environment is made with Photoshop.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,322

Thanks 3Djoji

edited January 2021

Tried my first scene with it using Ultrascenery as the environment. Scaled the boat down to 15% to fit the narrow river. Plan to try again with a lakeshore setting.

RiverBoat 1.jpg
    1200 x 943 - 1M
    edited January 2021

This is another Ultrascenery setting

Riverboat 2.jpg
    1200 x 838 - 1M

RGcincy said:

This is another Ultrascenery setting

These look fantastic! great job. Thank you for using the MSRB and happy new year 

• ekke2020ekke2020 Posts: 60
    edited March 2021

Yesterday I bought the MSRB. Is a very nice object, I like it. Many Thanks. Here is my first test render.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/25/509f2af698e3c5fd0878ae4975b8ea.jpg

RiverboatPSk.jpg
    886 x 498 - 598K
    Post edited by ekke2020 on

ekke2020 said:

Yesterday I bought the MSRB. Is a very nice object, I like it. Many Thanks. Here is my first test render.

Waouw, this is nice, congrat.