SereneNight’s Sci-Fi Fun Thread 3

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited April 2021

New Freebie available at SDE B, a gold necklace and chain CuBan Link Chain

https://www.sdebstore.com/collections/free-stuff/products/cuban-link-chain-g8m-free

Shorts2.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1M
    Post edited by Serene Night on
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited April 2021

Serene Night said:

Owen and Boyd dye Easter eggs with their doggo Bitty. Little did I realize what I was getting into with the Easter egg dye kit "Carrotdye" from Rendo. LOL

You wouldn't have a link for the egg dye kit would you?

Post edited by carrie58 on

https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/bcs/dyeing-for-carrots-/136823/

it seems to have a different name than it is called in my runtime.

you will need another product that has more eggs unless you want to be driven crazy.

edited April 2021

It is spring and Boyd is waiting for Owen to arrive. 

I really love this little muscle car. Very detailed. And less than 2 dollars if you have PC club https://www.daz3d.com/1971-am-muscle-car-2n1

The other great thing about it, is the doors and trunk open and the top goes up.

The outfit is by Dzheng with a customized texture that Kaos3d made upon request. I really like it!

Muscle.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1M
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Serene Night said:

Owen and Boyd dye Easter eggs with their doggo Bitty. Little did I realize what I was getting into with the Easter egg dye kit "Carrotdye" from Rendo. LOL

Great scene. I will buy that product for next Easter.

edited April 2021

I picked up the Oceanica set recently. It is a fullscale sort of  modern house boat with underwater bedroom. I had to use texture minimizer to get it to render on my card. 

BigSplash.jpg
    1244 x 1516 - 2M
  • inquireinquire Posts: 2,097

It looks terrific. What would a scene from the underwater bedroom look like?

edited April 2021

The set includes an ocean environment, the house boat, which has a spiral staircase downstairs, to a bedroom with walls of glass. There is also a littl rowboat along side, which I deleted, since its about the only thing I am not crazy about since its very plain.

The bedroom looks like this

I reduced the resolution to render quickly, but it looks great, I think esepcially if your only reduce what is not visible.

oceanica.jpg
    700 x 800 - 448K
  • inquireinquire Posts: 2,097

It's beautiful, but I actually think I'd have difficulty going to sleep in a room like that, surrounded by all that water.

edited April 2021

Boyd spent a fair amount of a time in a little tank as an emancipated brain  and he's not entirely keen on claustrophobic rooms under the sea  but because Owen likes it, Boyd would never say anything negative since Owen rarely has strong preferences for things.

He also talkes Owen to a hotel under the sea at one time. 

underwater.jpg
    2400 x 1600 - 4M
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Serene Night said:

The set includes an ocean environment, the house boat, which has a spiral staircase downstairs, to a bedroom with walls of glass. There is also a littl rowboat along side, which I deleted, since its about the only thing I am not crazy about since its very plain.

The bedroom looks like this

I reduced the resolution to render quickly, but it looks great, I think esepcially if your only reduce what is not visible.

Cool blanket, I'd like one like that in real life.

So more women's hair released for the guys. Come on now. Lets not call it men's hair, when you hide the hairline under tufts of hair. 

edited April 2021

The Rubber Ducky texture for the Maxx Character's bikini (Soto)  by Sithlordsims is a freebie: https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/freestuff/rubber-duckie-pool-party-textures/87842

You can get the duck float over at ShareCG. It is also a freebie. https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/freestuff/rubber-duckie-pool-party-textures/87842

The lighting blew out the edge of Boyd's hair, making it look a lot shorter. 

ducky.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1M
  • Looks great! Thank you for letting me know.

I suck at textures but I am glad Soto made a new texture for my duck float!

Just to clairfy: The bikini is by Soto, the textures are by Sithlordsims, and the fantastic duck float is by Xmasrose.   And Xmasrose, I liked your texture, I think it is great!

• Thank you for correcting my mistake blush.

And an even bigger thank you for liking my duck float and its texture.

You are very welcome!

edited April 2021

A friend of mine pointed out that Walthur 2.0 simple hair: https://sharecg.com/v/97283/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Walther-2.0-simple-hair-for-G8M ;

Was a freebie. (Owen is wearing it). I think it looks like it might make a nice wet hairstyle if you need one.

new24.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1M
  • SeraSera Posts: 1,675

Boyd spent a fair amount of a time in a little tank as an emancipated brain  and he's not entirely keen on claustrophobic rooms under the sea  but because Owen likes it, Boyd would never say anything negative since Owen rarely has strong preferences for things.

He also talkes Owen to a hotel under the sea at one time. 

Great render! What set is that room from?

Its from rendo Underwater Bedroom for DS by pamawo   I addded the fish and a few extras. 

edited April 2021

I seem to have gotten an updated Mick character and hair, but still NO G8M versions and the store has made it worse now. Mick is in with G8M figures but he is not G8M, he's standalone. His clothing has also been moved into the G8M folder, but none of them fit. Very strange and confusing.

They still haven't provided the correct G8M versions of the outfits which I have paid for. My patience with QA is running thin.

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235
    edited April 2021

Serene Night said:

I seem to have gotten an updated Mick character and hair, but still NO G8M versions and the store has made it worse now. Mick is in with G8M figures but he is not G8M, he's standalone. His clothing has also been moved into the G8M folder, but none of them fit. Very strange and confusing.

They still haven't provided the correct G8M versions of the outfits which I have paid for. My patience with QA is running thin.

Yes, you are right. They could not fix the problem. Now Mick hair is broken too. This update makes it worse so far. The issue solving dialogue continues.

Post edited by Vyusur on

Thanks Vyusur! This issue is absolutely not Vyusur's fault. I don't know or understand why but there appears to be some sort of packaging issue going on. I hope the problem is resolved real soon!

edited April 2021

Zachariah is Boyd's father. Little is known about his background except he probably was ex-military. Zachariah was hired through an agency to parent his  wife's five children. He does this particularly well.  He doesn't look his age, due to gene mods. He is probably in his 50's. Boyd's middle name is also Zachariah. 

He has the shorts and hair from Vyusur's Mick Character's outfit and hair.

zak.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 903K
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813
    edited April 2021

If it weren't for the fact that you don't generally make that sort of remark, I would wonder what you meant by "He does this particularly well". (I assume you mean that he has good genes, of course! And maybe that he was a good caretaker?) I suppose in a society where people get mods all the time, he isn't thrown by the fact that his son is now in someone else's body.

And did you notice, Daz actually released a male character as part of a completely otherwise unrelated female bundle today? I mean, whatever has come over them? Weirdly enough I actually like most of the stuff in her bunde, including her ... but not enough to actually get the bundle when the three things I want most (Zak, Tenements 2 and the pose set) are notably cheaper on their own. (I like Brooke just fine, but not enough to buy her right now, and I don't care about the slip dress or undies at all.)

They also re-released Protozoon's white tie outfit into the Plat Club as a new release, which I precisely answers the question of whats happened to his catalog. They said that it had been bought out, but hadn't mentioned that all or part of it would wind up in the Plat Club.

Post edited by vwrangler on

Oh yeah, sorry. Was tired last night Zachariah does well as the contracted parent and caregiver. He parents at least 5 children, Tate, the twins, Boyd, and Nathaniel his younger brother. Most of whom are children who are highly gifted.  His wife, who is a high ranking security official  is not always available for the children so Zachariah does the parenting. The relationship which started out as a contract seems to work well for them, and it seems over time they have grown fond of eachother as he has several opportunities to leave, and does not take them.

Although, he is very upset by the loss of Tate, and Boyd's sickness. He is a bit strict and over protective after Tate goes missing. But he never gives up on Tate, and hires a private investigator on the sly who comes up with only a few leads over the  years. Unfortunately, these activities do not go unoticed from the Organization who snatched Tate but Zachariah is considered a nobody. 

The lost of Boyd's bioengineered body, results in a lawsuit from the family, and is frustrating for Zachariah who feels his son deserved a break and the government overreached itself. The lawsuit is successful, and Boyd gets his choice of bodies, and so he choses the Aesir class body for its combat abilities. (Despite its one pigmentation defect) That Boyd settles for a lesser body, is annoying to the family, but Zach loves his son, and wants him to be happy, and Boyd's replacement body is not actually lesser, just not his own genes. (Or Zachs). It is likely that Boyd and Tate are his biological children, although not all the children he raises contain Zachariah's genes. Zachariah offers to donate genetic material so Boyd might have a backup body. I am not clear if Boyd takes him up on that. Boyd grows to like the large powerful body he has. 

It is possible that Zachariah will divorce his wife, when he discovers she is aware of what happened to Tate and the alternate reality he resides in, but this is highly classified information, and does not know and may never know. 

Zachariah pops into Boyd's life from time to time, to provide fatherly advice, and to check in on him. Boyd is pretty independent, but hasn't had a body long, so when he is embodied, Zachariah feels compelled to give him all the talks he did not go into when he was a brain and a tank This is both helpful and embarrasing. At some point in the past Boyd became a little estranged from his parents. Getting a body changes that, and changes his perspective somewhat. He didn't realize how much Zachariah was devastated by Tate's disappearence, or how much his illness impacted his father.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brooke is a nice realisitc figure. Nothing like the wonders of Toment for me, but still decent, and different, and not your usual daz doll. That said, I uninstalled 4.15 since my machine drops to CPU with boyd alone in the scene, and running on CPU is just not going to happen, since it sounds like a copter taking off in my home office. Something about 4.15 iray, and the new drivers do not paly well with my RTX super card.    I went back to 4.11 in self defense, so sadly for me the wonders of the new Redz  Zak figure and Brooke are going to be lost, until I can really get a new gpu with at least 24 gig. 

I am concerned about losing Protozoom as a pa. They made the only really good suit for G8M we have. I really hope that doesn't mean we will lose them permanently.

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,259

How did you get Mick's shorts to fit?

nemesis10 said:

How did you get Mick's shorts to fit?

Vyusur sent me the correct installation files for the product.

• SeraSera Posts: 1,675

Serene Night: Thanks for all the man candy and info. Is there anywhere I can read a condensed version of the story so far? It's interesting stuff! 

edited April 2021

Backstory:

Earth: 25 years in the future more scientifically advanced due to breakthroughs in science and medicine and discovery of alien artifacts uncovered by the government which improved our understanding of genetics, cloning, and medicine.

The world has advanced, but many social problems are still present. The internet is vast, virtual, and complex. Robots, VR, and other advances have changed entertainment and the way the world runs. Advertising and media hook people on moving billboards, signs, bots, and clothing. Privacy is difficult to obtain and maintain.

Earth is overpopulated and vast cities dominate. There is a growing divide between wealthy and poor, and politicians and policies favor those who can afford genetic modifications, and health upgrades and thus improve their looks, social position, and employment opportunities. There is no longer hunger or joblessness. Robots can and do perform menial and dangerous work, nursing, and caregiving of sick and elderly. Genetic diseases and some disabilities can be reversed can be repaired at and so there is a reduction of inheritable illness.

Owen is born to a teen mom and raised by his genius grandfather.  Boyd was born human with the best gene mods money can buy.

Young Boyd falls victim to an alien virus and becomes quite sick while playing outside one day. The disease is something new, not seen before and the family is very upset, the doctors are stumped. When it becomes clear that Boyd will die, his parents decide to body liberate him. Boyd's brain is extracted and subjected to unknown processes which allow it to be moved and modularized like an engine, transferred from machine to machine. Brains that can do this are called Alphas. Boyd is very glad to be alive, and grateful to no longer be in pain any longer, but struggles to adapt to being a kid without a body. Fortunately, he has Tate and his dad and mom at least until the war begins.

When the boys are about 7 and 8 respectively, Earth is invaded. (Truthfully, aliens have been here since the turn of the century, prepping for the invasion)  , but they make their presence known around this time. They attack, destroying property, raiding, and taking captives They overwhelm Earth's defenses and possess weapons and tech more advanced than ours. They are not interested in negotiating.

Fortunately for humanity, these aliens are seasonal raiders. So, when raiding season is over, they leave. The attack ends as suddenly as it comes, and humanity prepares in dread for future attacks. The only good thing about the invasion is the people of Earth stop warring with each other as Earth is pretty much unified in preventing more raiding from these aliens.

When Boyd is about 11 his brother Tate disappears on the way home from his work. Tate, like Boyd, is a genius and has earned some fame as a budding bio-ethicist in the robotics field and by publishing papers critical of popular government mandates. The police believe Tate is a draft dodger, however, Boyd does not believe it.

Boyd is devastated, as is his family, and efforts to find Tate, lead nowhere.

Boyd grows up in Alpha school, attends college at a young age, despite the attacks, he gets an advanced degree in psychology and robotics. Being body liberated means Boyd needs a few hours of rest, so he has far more time to study and learn things. Boyd also makes money creating and selling apps for Alphas. He does make a popular dating app, he sells and receives royalties for.

Boyd likes the ability to fly but misses having a body and the emotional connection with other humans.  Brains have a VR world they live in and interact with other brains but it is not the same as having a real-world boyfriend or a real-life and Boyd wants to be like other people his age. 

Meanwhile, Owen grows up as a kid in Brooklyn, as one of the popular kids in his class. Owen likes everyone, is very hard to offend, plays sports, and works in his grandfather's shop after school. Owen has the unique ability to see patterns in things, something he inherits from his grandfather. He is interested in predicting alien attacks and studies the times and places they attack. Grandfather and he spend hours doing this, until they make a discovery that the aliens attack in certain patterns and seem to specifically avoid certain areas. Why?.

His mother is the only thorn on Owen's side, as she has gotten increasingly fringe as time goes on. Eventually, grandad takes a restraining order against her.

Owen is drafted. He is supposed to be sent to the mechanical Corp but rich families bribe the recruiters to send their sons and daughters and so Owen gets infantry.

Owen moves through the ranks from the ground up until he makes Sergeant. He attracts the attention of Military intelligence who enrolls him in an experiment known as the Red folder. The gist of the red folder is the military believes they can make better soldiers and leaders by increasing the adversity they face. Certain individuals particularly people with Owen’s background and psychology make good candidates. He and other soldiers are enrolled in secret and the intelligence officer assigned to their case increases their workload, responsibilities, and issues they face in an effort to see how they perform under stress. Those that fail, are washed out.

The red folder is a plot that I explore at some point.

—————

Our story opens up when Owen is about 23 and Boyd is 24

One rainy Thanksgiving weekend, Owen and several other NCO's unlucky enough to work the Thanksgiving weekend find themselves voluntold to volunteer for a new partnership with the Alpha Guild. They really are not interested in wasting time with this new project, so they send a token few people.

On the way to the briefing, Owen stops to help a military medical transport, which has thrown two flats. The traffic is heavy, and Owen realizes he will be late for the briefing.

At the same time, Boyd is at the selection meeting and is not getting selected. His Shell has not yet had the latest updates, and the people who are pairing up, are the alphas with the latest hardware. When he hears of the transport, he leaves the meeting, where he runs into Owen.

Boyd is very impressed with Owen's kindness to stop and help the medical transport and chooses him as his Prime right then.

Owen goes through special training to be Boyd’s partner and becomes his Prime.

Boyd and Owen become best friends, and Boyd falls for Owen, even though not having a body poses a certain amount of…. difficulty. Owen takes a while but eventually feels similarly.

They have several character-building adventures during this period pitting the boys against various alien groups and exploring the increasingly er twisted reality they live in. Owen and Boyd learn they have a lot in common, and they enjoy being together. What follows are some of the happiest months of Boyd's life.

The following year, Boyd confesses his feelings for Owen and they decide despite the obstacles to try to make it work.

That spring, Boyd learns that his new body, which he ordered, is ready. He is overjoyed. There is only one problem. Owen and he are to be deployed. Owen convinces Boyd to remain behind to get his body, and Owen takes another alpha with him for the mission. The mission is routine, and he should be back in a month or so.

Boyd stays behind to get his body, reluctantly but proposes to Owen before he does so. Owen agrees if he does so next time in person.  They say goodbye and that is the end of part one.