Something Wicked This Way Comes - Penny Dreadfull [Commercial]

MartinjfrostMartinjfrost Posts: 325
edited September 2014 in Daz PA Commercial Products

She Is Here! ...... Penny Dreadfull - The height of victorian fashion, late 1800 bustle dress. .........

Inspired by a dress which can be seen in Glouster in the UK,with Highly detailed folds and draping, and a wonderful set of textures, this outfit is perfect for all sorts of occasions, from wicked ladies, witches and seductresses, to the more prim and proper Victorian lady.

It has been tailored to fit a myriad of Genesis 2 Females, including Victoria 6, Lilith 6, Olympia 6, Gia 6 and the the ladies of the Creature Creation bundle too!

Popup_color1.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 358K
Whitch-final.jpg
1000 x 1369 - 332K
Polly-dreadfull-proper_final.jpg
1000 x 1369 - 507K
Penny-terror-beams_(Copy).jpg
438 x 600 - 59K
Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,703
    edited December 1969

WOW! Is this the G2F outfit or the scene?

• MartinjfrostMartinjfrost Posts: 325
    edited December 1969

WOW! Is this the G2F outfit or the scene?

Its the outfit, ;-)
    the scene was cobbled together using the french chateau amd a bunch of props from a curious tea party and various other bits and bob s in my runtime. the lighting was the set that came with the chateau and the camera was the age or Armour easy volume camera.

• ModernWizardModernWizard Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

MartinJFrost -- Lovely dress! Before it goes into my cart, though, I need to know -- can I get it into a realistic sitting position with the included controls? Thanks.

--MW

edited December 1969

HI there, sitting is a problem with this dress, unfortunatly i tried just about every trick in the book to get it to sit in a nice way, but the bustle always seems to get in the way, much as they did in real likfe.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,311
    edited December 1969

Martin,

This has gone right to the top of this week's shopping list. I really like the complexity of the outfit, with all the folds. Splitting the outfit into a sepparate blouse and skirt is also really helpful since I'm a keen kit-basher.

Can we have more historical gowns, please? As I've commented before, there are literally dozens of ankle-length, historical gowns available for V4, at Daz, Renderosity and RuntimeDNA so there should be a big potential market for such products on V6/G2F as well.

Cheers,

Alex.

edited December 1969

Thanks for your Kind words Alex, I have a couple of outfits to finish off of a non period nature first then ill look at something historical. I totally agree that genesis 2 needs more of these type of outfits in her wardrobe ;-).

• kurisu2112kurisu2112 Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

Thanks for your Kind words Alex, I have a couple of outfits to finish off of a non period nature first then ill look at something historical. I totally agree that genesis 2 needs more of these type of outfits in her wardrobe ;-).

+1

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Straight in the in-basket ... I have a character this was made for :)

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    edited December 1969

Do you mean Gloucester in the UK?

Is it possible please to see an untextured render and one that gives the mat zones.
    I really love the way you have done the bustle looks quite realistic.

And the G2Male needs more historical outfits to match, please.

edited December 1969

Here is an un textured render. the zones are very much the same as in a dress pattern, front back and side panels for bodice, upper and lower sleeve, cuffs, front and back collar and ruffles. For the skirt, the apron and bustle and their trims are separate. and then all the skirt panels (two at the center front, tweo side front panels, two back side panels and one back panel.
    Hope this helps.

Popup_5.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 220K
  • sukyLsukyL Posts: 251
    edited December 1969

Lovely dress. I've been wanting a late 1800s dress with swags and drapes, so this was an instant purchase. I would definitely like to see more historical costumes.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,147
    edited December 1969

sukyL said:
    Lovely dress. I've been wanting a late 1800s dress with swags and drapes, so this was an instant purchase. I would definitely like to see more historical costumes.

Ditto! Looks great, just had to have it :)
    edited December 1969

HI there, sitting is a problem with this dress, unfortunatly i tried just about every trick in the book to get it to sit in a nice way, but the bustle always seems to get in the way, much as they did in real likfe.

I really can't resist this outfit, so I'll see if I can't morph up something that will allow the skirt to sit with bustle adjusted realistically.

--MW

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987
    edited December 1969

This dress is fantastic! It's definitely on my want list. :-)

I think, for sitting you need a special pose... Please check : http://vimeo.com/63710743

edited December 1969

lee_lhs -- thank you very much for that reference. The fact that the bustle can compress so much really makes my job easier. :D Also seeing the silhouette of a similar dress in a seated position will help me get an accurate sitting shape for Penny Dreadfull.

--MW

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987
    edited December 1969

You're welcome. :-) The same person has created a video for how to sit with hoop dresses, too.
    The key point seems to be that you have to perch on the rim of the chair, rather than sitting fully back, and that the bodice is taking over the part of the back of the chair.

edited December 1969

I have just released a freebie package of morphs to add utility to Penny Dreadfull.

Morphs include CompressBustle, CompressSides, CompressTrain, ExpandSkirtX, ExpandSkirtZ, LengthenSkirt2, RaiseSides, RaiseTrain and SkirtForSitting. There is also a sitting pose for G2F's legs and a pose for the skirt.

Yes! Now G2F can sit while wearing this lovely dress!

Thank you to lee_lhs who pointed me to some videos of a woman sitting in a similar dress; these videos gave me wonderful reference material.

--MW

promo02.jpg
    752 x 733 - 45K
  • SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 602
    edited December 1969

That looks super! Thanks much :)

edited October 2014

Hi MartinJFrost,

I want to thank you for not only a gorgeous dress but a perfectly timed release. I was working on a submission for the September Carrara challenge in the Carrara forum when your dress was released. I immediately ripped G2's dress off, and dressed her in your Penny Dreadful gown. It absolutely made my setup complete! And, I won the challenge!!!

Here is a link. If you take a look, please click on the reduced size image to expand it to full size to see more details. One of the requirements of the challenge was to significantly alter a material in Carrara, so I used your blue dove velvet texture as a basis for an anisotropic shader to produce the silky brocade effect.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/46190/P15/#682221

Post edited by sukyL on
    edited December 1969

ModernWizard Many thanks for putting in the time and effort to produce the sit morphs. Well done! I've been able to get the seated position to work in Carrara. I'm trying to figure out how to get the morphs to show up. I might have to do something in DAZ studio first.

edited December 1969

Hi sukyL. I'm glad you have found my freebie useful. Unfortunately, I have no familiarity with Carrara, so I can't help you there. Sorry!

--MW