V4 characters to Genesis in D/S 4

snowsnow77snowsnow77 Posts: 94
edited July 2012 in New Users

Do you need the Genesis morphs for characters created in D/S3 with (V4's++morphs) to work on Genesis? Also, what's the difference between the Genesis head/body morphs and the V4 and M4 Shapes for Genesis?

Thanks for helping clarify,

MJ

Post edited by snowsnow77 on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

In order to use a character made for V4 on Genesis you'd need the GenX plugin, and the V4 shape for Genesis so that the changes added up to the same result. The Evolution Morphs are like Morphs++, a variety of morphs affecting both the whole body and limited regions; the V4 and M4 shapes are just new shapes for the Genesis figure to match the base shape of the older figure, they don't include lots of component morphs.

• snowsnow77snowsnow77 Posts: 94
    edited December 1969

Thanks for your help, one last question, are the Gen X plug-in and V4 shape in the store? I see the Gen X upgrade, but I haven't been able to fine the other two.

Thanks again for kind help,

MJ

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

I purchased these yesterday, the are a little tricky to install, but they seem to work. It will take a little getting used to.

edited December 1969

As Colombo would to say: “Just one more thing.

Everything seems to be installed and working correctly, I can see and use all the newly added morphs, except for when I try to load a Purchased character i.e. (from Daz store, Rendo,) that's in my content for made for V4 a small box opens and closes so fast that I cant tell what it says,but there is no change in Genesis.Textures from these characters work fine but, they did before the add-on morphs.
    Any ideas?

Thanks

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited July 2012

You need to load a new instance of Genesis before you can see the morphs you've just brought over with Gen X.

Editted to add, you have put the newly bought character through Gen X? It's not just a case of adding the morphs, you need to put each character through Gen X, then when you load a new instance of Genesis the newly converted morph should be under Actors/Gen X in the parameters tab. To match the v4 shape exactly you'll need to dial the Genesis V4 shape to 1.0 as well as the converted character's own morph(s).

Post edited by DWG on
    edited December 1969

I tryed to add a character set, the head and body separately ( Adele from Renderosity) in the exact same way as i did the morphs, drag and drop from the content to GenX, but it will not work, nothing shows under the transfer tab, however it shows under the preset tab, but there is no check box to select. I am still missing something!