SciFiFunk 3D Animation Tutorials are back online.

Hi,

It's been a while since I last posted. I used to regularly upload 3d animation tutorials, with an emphasis on creating large scenes. Those videos were hosted on youtube.

I left Youtube after they stopped paying the channel and then threatened their creators with the coppa $42,000 fine per video threat. It wasn't feasable to continue.

However I am glad to say that the tutorials are coming back online one per day (I'm having to manually upload them again).

I now have 43 uploads on there. Please check them out here https://lbry.tv/$/invite/@scififunk:a

I had a few people contact me over the last 2 years or so asking where they had gone to. LBRY.TV is a decentralized platform on the blockchain, so no restrictive rules, or restrictive payment clauses. It is free to use, I would very much welcome some subscribers, especially validated ones as I get a reward which I will use to promote the videos, increase the channels exposure, and therefore be encouraged to make more useful and entertaining videos.

The most recent series I've uploaded is "3d Animation. Motion Capture. (Part 1 of 3). BVH Carnegie for DAZ Carrara Walkthrough."

one of my most helpful series was "3d Animation. How to make Low Poly People Tutorial. (Part 1 of 4)" - this is a must view for large scenes!

Hope you enjoy them.

Comments

• welcome back heart

• Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198

WendyLuvsCatz said:

welcome back heart

Thanks Wendy. I will also be continuing the animated series. I'll take a look at your stuff. Are you still mainly on Youtube or have you moved off somehwere else as well? 

• I am still on Youtube but nothing exciting to see on my channel  devil I mostly just load and render stuff to music blush

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

thanks!!  i really enjoyed those tutorals.

i remember the M4 face animations and the how not to rubber lips laugh

• Fascinating timing.  I'm currently shopping for Youtube alternatives.  Looked at several so far, and Lbry is on the list to try out.

How good is the video quality?

Glad to see you reposting those videos.  Great information, even though I don't yet do animation.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086

Hi,

It's been a while since I last posted. 

Great news about the videos.  Thanks for the heads up.  Wonderful to see you still posting.

edited December 2020

@WendyLuvsCatz @Mystiarra @UnifiedBrain @Diomede

Thank you very much for the welcome back. It is most appreciated!

To answer questions, comments.

1. rubber lips - yes-  just look for very short clips generated by mimic pro and lengthen them, or remove a few to "unrubberize". Had to do this several times recently as I am now continuing my animated series.

2. LBRY is by far the BEST alternative to Youtube. I've tried several since leaving youtube, and all left me with a sense of dissapointment. Now LBRY.TV is still waaay behind youtube in terms of development, but it is nicely laid out and functional. I am currently uploading 3 videos a day (@scififunk, @synthfunk (I split the music out from the animation to create 2 channels) and @historygamer (vintage board games), and usually they go up smoothly without problems, any issues, you just edit and upload again. The community is growing fast, and it's worldwide with lots of spanish and Indian uploaders as well as American, British etc. Currently the bulk of the videos are about crypto and consipracy theories, but there are other topics on there as well. A few animators. A great time to get involved and stake your claim. It also pays (tiny, tiny amounts), but as stated in my opening comment, better to use those credits to push your work up the rankings. I hope to see you there. Please do follow if you decide LBRY is for you and I will follow back.

3. @Diomede. Thank you. I have time now to continue the animated series (so new work coming out), and I've been writing new material (to animate). I'm sure I'll get into situations where I get stuck again, and therefore give inspiration for new tutorials.

Post edited by Sci Fi Funk on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,236

Sci Fi Funk is Home!!! Awesome!!!

• ProPoseProPose Posts: 520

I loved the series on your ADSR method for lip synch.  I had those downloaded at one time, but I can't seem to find them.  Hope to see those again.

@Dartanbeck hey mate. Hope you are doing well. 16,532 posts says you've stayed in the game big time!

@ProPose I believe I kept all my tutorials so it will get uploaded. I'm trying to do them in rough order again, currently re-uploading 2013. Cheers.  

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945

I'm very happy to see you back Steve!

You're one of our best Carrara animator, thank you for continuing to promote Carrara!

@DUDU Thank you for your kind words. I still think the Carrara / Octane combination is really useful. I am used to it now so will continue to make scenes for it. Cheers :)