White Eyes Problem Victoria 6

jaxprogjaxprog Posts: 312
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi everyone!

Having some trouble with Eye Reflection properties with Victoria 6 using Reality 2.5. This is not the HD version of Victoria 6. No matter how I adjust the opacity or turn it on/off her eyes have this white glaze about it... kind of like in TV show Heroes when Isaac paints his precognition paintings in season 1.

I have also updated my ASCEL textures with Victoria 6 and Genesis 2 female.

Any Reality users and experts out there that can I assist me in resolving I appreciate your input and time.
Screenshot provided...

Victoria_White_Eyes.JPG
200 x 249 - 16K

Comments

• MN-150374MN-150374 Posts: 923
    edited December 1969

I don´t use Reality, but there was a question with similar problems not long ago => http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/45314/

Luxrender seems to have problems with reflection maps, deleting the reflection map may solve your problem?

• jaxprogjaxprog Posts: 312
    edited December 1969

Thank you for your reply and the post. I turned every dial down 0% and every switch to off except smooth in Eye Reflection, I turned opacity down 0% in Reality for Eye Reflection and I still get that white eye look. This occurs in Victoria 6 and now Stephanie 6. I never had this problem before with Reality and I am not sure what changed, but frustration is driving me to take a serious look at Octane as a new realistic render alternative.

I will keep a tab on the message to see if anyone has new suggestions.

• MN-150374MN-150374 Posts: 923
    edited December 1969

Found another thread where exactly the same thing occured: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/24894/
    White eyes caused by the reflection map.

There is the sugestion to set the eye surface to a glass material. Maybe this one is the solution to your problem?

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Yeah, this is a common issue in Luxrender simply because of the way Reality translates the materials.

Simply, set the EyeReflection surface and the cornea to glass and it should fix any issues. Remember, that the 'EyeReflection' surface is intended for 3Delight mostly so that you can 'fake' reflections using reflection maps. Remember, Luxrender is a physically based engine so you need to use materials and light similar to a 'real world' scenario, and since real eyes don't have a magical layer purely for reflections, setting it to glass is the next best thing.

• aprendendoaprendendo Posts: 3
    edited April 2019

I had problems with white eye, eyelashes and eyebrowns, but found that the opacity map was missing. In this case we can generate a simple OP map leaving black in the areas ( according to UV) we want to appear. Solve my problem.

Post edited by aprendendo on