Installing keeps failing?

My 3D SpinMy 3D Spin Posts: 600

Whats up with DAZ? When i try to install products in DIM or DAZ Central i get installing failed.
This is new! So now we cant install the products we buy? Also DAZ connect just takes forever and
when finally installed you get a message that stuff is missing...

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Moved to techncial Help as it is a site/store/installer issue rather than a DS issue.

Install or Download? Downloads have had intermittent issues for some time, which seem to be worse than usual this weekend. Daz is working with its service provider on these.

• Mine fails to download fully. Same few products every time since yesterday.

• I'm having a similar problem, DAZ Central just hangs after starting, with a spinning "LOADING" animation. I've tried re-installing, lots of other things. It affects multiple machines, the old one that's too slow (but worked until yesterday) and the new one that I just got yesterday. Looking at the logs, it seems that it's logging into my account correctly, but then complains of a syntax error in one of the JSON files it's downloading. I think DAZ's server is serving up a dud file; IOW, it's broken on their end.

I've also trick DIM, but I get the same problem, and a similar error in the logs. I don't think there's any hope of it being fixed before Monday. I filled out a trouble ticket, and got a message that they have a 4-6 week backlog. I'm a newb at this, and regretting choosing DAZ studio already. If they really take 4-6 weeks to get to looking at it, I'll have already asked my credit card company to reverse the charges for my Black Friday purchases.

• Same problem here.....  when you accidentally delete all your characters and now trying to re-install them.... not fun.  laugh

• I am giving up on DAZ Install Manager and DAZCentral....going back to manual downloads....  had enough.  

• If only there was a way to manually download Studio, I can deal with everything being broken, but I'm on fresh installs and I'm stuck. Same problems, posted in another thread.

• There should be a stand-alone download for the non-beta version and its plug ins in your Product Library

• Thank you Richard - I finally have studio & it looks like I can download from there. 

• I'm having the same problems.  Certain products don't install, while products in the same order install without problems.  Also some products only install partially if the are split among several packages and I'm missing files.