Making Groups of people 2 or more interacting with each other

eternalstar1000eternalstar1000 Posts: 18
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hey umm...I'm new to DAZ so doing certain things seems really REALLY tricky. I think I'm getting the hang of making a single person do things (more or less), but in the future i would like to create art pieces with couples or groups.
Is there a particular way that I can have 2 figures touching one another or interacting with the other? Like if i wanted a couple to hold hands or to hold/hug the other in a certain way, or put arms around shoulders/etc, or lay together...the works.
Without going out there and buying all the couple pose packs, is there a good/easy way for me to have 2+ models interact with each other and not make it look bad or unconvincing (manually moving models is tricky enough, so I was just wondering)? Or do i have no choice but to buy the couple packs?

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    edited December 1969

It will take time and practice. Couples are hard because you have to watch for unintended intersections depending on the pose and closeness of the figures. Make sure you check from all angles as you work and just take your time. Once you have some posed couples, you can use them to make variations. Also remember that with couple's poses, changing out the figures, you may have to make corrections due to scale and how different figures rotation points vary from each other.

• eternalstar1000eternalstar1000 Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

Oh okay. Thank you! (sorry for the late reply)

I was also wondering, how do you make a certain body part stay in place. Like if you wanted to anchor it or something regardless of how much the rest of the body moves?

And is there a way to anchor the feet to stay on the grid so that the figure doesnt move around?

Thank you again!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2014

You may find some helpful hints in this thread

Every month we have a New Users contest which are educational contests as the WIP threads are for you to gain help, hints and tips.

This one was about posing 2 people together. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/23114/

There is a list of all the old contest WIP threads in the NU contest forum with a short expalnation of what each was about.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • eternalstar1000eternalstar1000 Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

Thank you for sending me that link...although I'm still quite confused because a lot of the terminology went over my head.
    I'm sorry...

I kind of really need things dumbed down for me.

How can I make it so that it is convincing that people are touching or holding one another? Like I saw some of the renders people dead in that thread, and I'm all like..."how?!"

Wouldnt you have to be VERY careful while working with the pose? Because cant one model easily just phase through the other say if you wanted a guy to put a hand on the cheek of his girlfriend or something...or if you wanted them to hold hands with their fingers interwoven. How would I do something like that? Or if I wanted a guy to carry a girl. How do i get him to carry her...or get them to hug? Or just making it convincing that they are actually touching?

I mean, it wouldnt be so bad if the models were designed to where nothing could phase through them and they were treated as solid models. But the fact that things do phase through them make it difficult. Unless there is a way to get past this...i wonder?

And really, also, is there a way to lock a body part in place so that it doesnt move even if you make the model pose differently? Like if I liked the way the hand looks in one pose and wanted to keep the hand that way but use the legs of another pose. Is there a way to keep the hand in place?

Buut mostly, yeah, this is about couples or groups or more...my concern is just trying to get people to touch in a convincing way and not have to go through like...literally every finger just go get them to hold hands properly. Or how to get them to wrap an arm over the other's shoulders.

Just things like that.

Sorry for still being such a noob about all this, I just really want to make my art convincing and I would really want to start working on group and couple stuff and hopefully not just go and spend a BUNCH of money on all the pose couple packs.

Thanks!