WINNERS ANNOUNCED: Render Contest: As You Wish Genie Outfit for Genesis 2 Females [Commercial]

2»

Comments

• ZeuxidamusZeuxidamus Posts: 87
    edited December 1969

here's another one for ya

jeannie_2.png
    1280 x 768 - 1M
  • WF3DWF3D Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

First time entering a contest here - I debated entering for quite a while and finally figured, Why not?

Title: You Were My Wish!

You_Were_My_Wish_(Contest_Entry).jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 495K
  • SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 602
    edited December 1969

I finally had a day off AND time to render! :cheese: Thanks for extending the deadline, Slosh :)

"It's My Turn Now!"
    Final Entry

ItsMyTurnNow.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 783K
  • SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

Keep 'em coming! This is starting to shape up into a real contest :)

Zeuxidamas1, make sure you add Final Entry to the top of your post if you want to be included in voting :)

• Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
    edited September 2014

I am working on an entry now, whoohoo!

I am looking for a glass Genie bottle ala "I Dream of Jeanie". I probably don't have time to make my own since I'm back at work this week. If I can't find one cheap, I'll use the lamp included in "As You Wish".

And to Slosh; "As You Wish" is wonderful outfit. I'm doing my image with plain old Genesis 2 Basic Female/Male characters and the outfit looks fabulous on the girl and it responds so well to my lighting skills which are about as dextrous as when I'm wearing oven mitts.... :red:

I'm tempted to show one of my test images...but...not just yet. :coolsmirk:

Post edited by Subtropic Pixel on
    edited September 2014

My entry is nearing completion and I'm really getting excited about it because it's much much better than I thought I would be able to do. Right now I am arguing with myself as to whether or not to try adding a small special effect or two; think "magic cloud" or "spellcasting" effect. I will try it to see what it looks like, but I'm a little concerned that it might take the image from "romantic" to "cheesy". But then sometimes romance is in fact cheesy, so maybe it will work after all. :-)

A couple questions...

1. I know there are no size limitations, but my image is maybe an odd size, 1759 X 975. In JPG format, it's nearing a meg in size. I like big images because I find them more dramatic. Cinema media event as opposed to television sitcom, if you will. But is this too big for posting here?

2. How do most of you go about adding a small watermark/copyright icon to an image? I'm thinking of adding a small tag to one of the corners where it won't detract from the image too much.

3. Is there any general advice that anybody can offer for somebody who's never tried one of these render contests before?

Thanks in advance and I hope to make my first and final entry later today (Saturday) because this image takes longer and longer to render with each new light or object I add, which realistically reduces the amount of additional work I'll have time to put in before the deadline. I have commitments on Sunday anyway and I still want to try to make an entry in one of the other render contests with what little time remains.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

Subtropic Pixel,

1. Go with what looks best to you. I personally go no bigger then my current desktop size of 1920x1080. That changes when my monitor changes

2. Use any paint program and add it as a layer

3. Just do what you like or works best for you. As long as you follow the forum TOS for images you are fine.

edited December 1969

Go ahead and render it at those dimensions and try posting it. The forum software should resize it if it's too big. As for watermarks, I believe there are Photoshop plugins and other software that will do watermarks for you. I don't usually bother, so I don't know personally. As for general advice, without seeing the image first, I can only offer this: Make sure your lighting is good, there should be shadows and brighter areas as well. You don't want the picture to fall flat, which can happen if there is not enough contrast between lights and darks. There are a multitude of composition tips, color tips, etc. that will help make a nice image, but I don't think it would look right for me to be giving those tips in a contest thread that I am sponsoring ;)

Good luck! I hope you finish in time. The deadline is approaching

• HoppittyHoppitty Posts: 469
    edited December 1969

Thanks for extending this, Slosh. I keep meaning to enter this, and keep getting sidetracked...finally got a render together this weekend. :)

Final Entry
    Title: Euryale's Disinterest

gorgon1a.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 321K
    edited September 2014

First entry ever, and...

Final Entry!

Title: I wish a wish for you!

Plot: I found the lamp while shelling on the beach. She was ready to give me untold treasures. But from deep in my heart, I could only wish for her to be free and happy, so that's what I told her!

Main Products Used:

G2 Female, G2 Male
    As You Wish Genie Outfit, Lamp, and Slippers by Slosh
    Classic Deco: Eclectic 1 (Deco Dining Room) by DAZ 3D and Jack Tomalin
    Hero FX Extreme by Netherworks
    Hero FX Alchemy and Magic by Macelene

I_Wish_a_Wish_for_You.jpg
    1759 x 975 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Voting time is here! Read the first post in this thread for details (I edited it this morning). Basically, though, there are 14 entries. You can cast one vote either by posting in this thread, or PM'ing me, or emailing me at SloshDAZ @ gmail.com (skip the spaces). I will contact the winners on Thursday morning after I've counted the votes. Then, once the winners have been notified and accept the prizes, I will announce the winners in this thread.

Good luck to all who entered. I really appreciate seeing the outfit in so many creative ways, and it means a lot to me that you took the time to enter the contest.

• SaiyanessSaiyaness Posts: 715
    edited December 1969

Such a beautiful outfit!

My vote:

Dance for the Lizard Warlord by Barubary

I feel it is the most creative and is beautifully rendered. Well done!

edited December 1969

Damn, I can't decide!

I'm going to have to let this cook in my brain for a day.

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 1969

My vote: Chillin' With A Good Bottle by Draagon Storm

The are all amazing renders and a wonderful outfit.

edited December 1969

There's some awesome renders, but I'd have to vote for "Title: Dance for the Lizard Warlord" by Barubary. The depth of field, the posing, and all the little background details really sells this one big time. :)

edited December 1969

I've decided on my first choice. "Chillin' with a Good bottle of..." by DragonStorm. For color, composition, and that incredible bottle.

But I should also say that I like Slosh's sample from the ad; this is one of the styles I aspire to! Novica's Stag Party image made me laugh and actually gave me an idea for a humorous image of my own which I didn't have time to execute. And Herald's image portrayed nice poses and expressions, particularly of the Genie. I liked all of the images.

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited December 1969

I went back and forth between all the images, then a smaller selection of top runners, then tried to find somewhat valid reasons why this or that picture is objectively better - but in the end I always kinda came back to Whishful Thinking by Mattymanx and I can't really say why - it's a bit more simple than some of the other renders but it also looks and 'feels' very polished. I like the pose and I like the camera angle and I like the lighting but most of all, it's my gut speaking and once in a while I'm going to listen to it.

So my vote goes to Whishful Thinking.

• IndigoJansonIndigoJanson Posts: 1,100
    edited December 1969

I've been trying to decide and still it comes down to two or three. I'll go with Three Wishes by tjohn, which I found beautiful and well put together.

I enjoyed all the entries, especially the cute and funny ones. Novica's storytelling and detail in the Stag Party render deserve a special mention. I also found Subtropical Pixel's render and story enchanting, a wonderful first-time entry!

edited December 1969

Well, the contest has ended and the votes are in. Congratulations to Barubary and DraagonStorm! Each will receive a $25 DAZ Gift Card. I really appreciate those of you who entered the contest. I would like to continue this tradition with new releases, but I may have to set a minimum number of entries next time.

You all did some really nice work, and there are things I liked about each entry. My personal pick was the same as one of the top two images, so your votes actually chose the winners this time. The winning images are:

Dance for the Lizard Warlord by Barubary and Chillin' With A Good Bottle Of... by DraagonStorm.

I hope you will all consider entering any future contests I may put out there. Thanks again for your participation. It really means a lot to me to see the interest and the creativity put into the renders.

edited December 1969

Slosh, thank you for putting on this contest. It got me off my @ss. One day I would like to try one of those randomizer entries; I actually have a huge library that would probably result in some pretty funny pulls.

edited December 1969

Jindi, thank you for the kind comment! Now that I have that scene, I plan to spend some time to produce some additional study renders for practice and possibly posting in the gallery section of DAZ3D.com. I am very pleased with how the girl turned out, seeing as how she's "only" Genesis 2. So I ain't done with her quite yet!

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,033
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to the winners! Great group of entries from all. :)

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Nice work everyone, and congratulations to DraagonStorm and Barubary. It's good to see how creative people can be with different products :)

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

Congrats to the winners! .

edited December 1969

Awesome! Congrats Barubary and DraagonStorm, and thank you Slosh for both the outfit and for running the contest! Maybe next time we can bribe the forum mods to sticky the thread so more people will see it. :P

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    edited December 1969

Congrats to the winners! Green and purple for the win! One of my favorite combinations. :) Great contest!

edited December 1969

This was fun for me to watch. I sincerely hope there will be more participation next time, but I don't want that to sound like I am disappointed with the entries that were submitted. That is not the case at all. Most of the stuff in my store is "invisible" in renders, since I have done mostly remakes of older morphs and uvs, plus Handy Dandy, which simply reposes hands. Therefore, I don't get to see my stuff in renders that often (or at least, not that I can recognize, lol).

Once again, congratulations to barbury and DraagonStorm. And to all the others, I have saved copies of your images to a folder on my computer and have them cycling as my wallpaper on both monitors. It's nice to see them every day.

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited December 1969

My congratulations to DraagonStorm! And, of course, my thanks to everyone who voted and to Slosh for holding the contest (and motivating me to actually render something once in a while between all the content-hording ^^) as well as supplying a very nice addition to the G2F wardrobe :D :D :D

I think this is the first time for me to actually be among the winners in a contest, and I gotta say, it is a rather nice if slightly weird feeling – if any of you see a red glow on the horizon today it may not be the sun - but my stupid face blushing ;D

Once more, thanks to everyone and especially to Slosh!