Broken content links

PinzelmeisterPinzelmeister Posts: 114
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I have a few content items that have broken links, so to speak. I.e. the content is still there (but the location or path has changed for some reason? in any case I can't access it in the usual way). Here is an example (attachment) - could someone suggest a way to fix this?

content_categories.jpg
330 x 433 - 56K

Comments

• PinzelmeisterPinzelmeister Posts: 114
    edited December 1969

To fix this: right click on the broken link, then:
    database > preferred file > (choose the correct file)
    This is a bit tedious (since I have dozens of problem links like this) but it works.

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited July 2012

I don't use the Categories, so it's good to hear that yo found a way to fix it. But what strikes me is the (3): prefix on all those files, which in the other areas of content indicate it's the third copy (or install) of a product. As "general advice" I'd first check to see if the original install is still there to avoid multiple content counts.

Post edited by ReDave on
  • PinzelmeisterPinzelmeister Posts: 114
    edited December 1969

Good point. When I go to "database/preferred file" I can see all the folders where the item exits - all but one are backups on external hard drives etc.

• edited December 1969

I don't get the option. There is a submenu indicator for database, but no submenu opens. I'm on DAZ 4.5 64-bit PC build 114.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

The (3) in front of the name of each item means there are 3 locations referenced for each. Select all, right-click and choose "Remove Orphaned References" and you should just have the correct one.