Loading old Daz 4 scenes into Daz 4.6

Hi all
I have some old scenes that I was working on before I got my new system and updated to Daz 4.6 . They seem to load ok but I cant tell because there is nothing visable. The scene tab shows that they are loaded and you can click on them but there is nothing in the screen.

I know that Daz 4.6 saves as a duf file and that the ones Im opening are Daz studio scene (daz) files. My question is there anyway to make these older files open so I can at least see the objects so that I dont have to totally redo the scene each time I open one.

Comments

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Do you still have your old system in working condition? When this sort of thing happens, most often it's because people don't know that the .duf or .daz file is not the complete saved scene — D|S also saves a lot of stuff in a hidden /data/ folder in your content location. If you didn't copy this folder to your new system, then you get "invisible" objects in your scene.

Can you copy the old /data/ folder to your new system, and merge it with the existing folder?

• edited December 1969

Well the old system might be working but I transvered the files to the new system. Except for the ones your talking about. I think . Were do you find the folders in the content location?

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

They could be in any content folder you have mapped, so you probably need to check all those folders.
    I believe when you save a scene, if the folder you save it into is mapped, it creates the data folders there IF they don't already exist somewhere else, and if your folder is not mapped, they are saved into the first mapped content folder.

• edited December 1969

Thanks for the help. I will look for additional folders. If I cant find anything then I guess ill have to start over. I can however save the poses so that will help. Thanks again.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Ringo2 said:
    I will look for additional folders. If I cant find anything then I guess ill have to start over.

No need to worry about not finding them, D|S literally can not work without those files in the /data/ folder, so it will be in at least one of the D|S Format locations noted in your Content Directory Management settings. If you have more than one /data/ folder, just merge them all together into the one in the location at the top of the CDM list before you copy the whole thing across on to your new system.