A script to fit newer clothing to older Genesis and Legacy figures?

There are several products out there to fit older clothing to newer figures. I don't know if it's possible, but can one be created to go the other direction and fit newer stuff to older figures? I have a couple of older figures that I use a lot, and would love to be able to use some of the newer items (especially armor) to them.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

I don't know what is available for G8 items, but I autofit everything from Mil3 to G3 onto Genesis 1.

• As long as they are Genesis (or other weight-mapped) figures all you need is clones, there are several backward compatibility clones in the store. Going to a legacy/parametric rigged figure isn't possible as the joint weights are not determined by vertex weights, which can be projected, but by the placement of falloff angles and zones which can't (since the placement depends on the extact geometry, with bad placement resulting in bits being left behind during posing).

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,553

You are better off transferring the morphs from the older models to the newer genesis figures.

gilraen said:

There are several products out there to fit older clothing to newer figures. I don't know if it's possible, but can one be created to go the other direction and fit newer stuff to older figures? I have a couple of older figures that I use a lot, and would love to be able to use some of the newer items (especially armor) to them.

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,537
    edited November 2020

As long as they are Genesis (or other weight-mapped) figures all you need is clones, there are several backward compatibility clones in the store. Going to a legacy/parametric rigged figure isn't possible as the joint weights are not determined by vertex weights, which can be projected, but by the placement of falloff angles and zones which can't (since the placement depends on the extact geometry, with bad placement resulting in bits being left behind during posing).

Crossdresser 4 will let you go from Genesis to v4 as well as a LOT of other figures, Be aware though,  that many items are cranky after converting.

And it has its own learning curve.

Post edited by pwiecek on
  • gilraengilraen Posts: 73
    edited November 2020

FSMC Designs:

I have tried that(and as of this time, still trying)but the M4 figure I use is important to what I use him for, and he is the first morph I did and got hit with a massive dose of beginner's luck. He's perfect just as he is, face wise anyway. Unfortunately for me, after a couple of computer crashes and adding "The Freak" morphs to the figure, I have lost the original morph files for this figure and would like to change some body morphs, but the controls are gone from the figure, making it just about impossible to change him. I have tried the Legacy to newer figures stuff, and for some reason, I can't seem to get it to work. so kinda stuck. The only reason I still have him(and a few other morphs), is because I keep them on a flash drive in my purse.

pwiecek:

a lot of what Richard said is Greek to me, but I get the gist. I may look into Crossdresser 4, as I have spent soooo much money on all of this other stuff, so why not?I am determined to find a way, or find someone who knows more about what they are doing to fix this problem.

Post edited by gilraen on
  • There is a way of using GenX to save custom morphs which involves exporting your character as an object, then using morph loader to create a character morph for Michael 4, then using GenX to transfer your character as a single morph to Genesis 1, 2, or 3. Here's the link to the pdf tutorial Fissan's guide to converting morphs from Gen4/Gen3 to Genesis.

• Thanks cathan. I believe I have most or all of the products to accomplish this, but I have not seen this guide before. The instructions that were with the products were minimal and not much help when things didn't work like I thought they should(not terribly computer savvy). This guide looks to be a bit more promising, as a brief glance appeared to have some illustrated step-by-step instructions. I can only hope this will work for me(or just help me work). Fingers crossed! 

• I hope it works out. Good luck.