Off topic but can anyone help me?

I use my computer almost exclusively for DAZ related work / fun. Recently I've developed two problmes which is making the computer almost unuseable :

1) all browsers keep jumping back to the previous page by themselves. A simple submissions should take less than a minute but because the browser keeps jumping backwards, it takes me over an hour.

2) my mouse becomes disabled after just a few minutes of use and starts randomly selecting anything it touches even though I didn't click on it and I have to hit <control><alr><del> to return it to normal again. I have tried two different wireless mouses, one attached mouse and the built in touch pad mouse and it happens with ALL of them so it leads me to believe that it is not the mouse but a software glitch.

Thinking tha this might be being caused by a virus, I've run three different virus scans : Malwarebytes, Avast & Norton and none of them were able to fix the problem. I am running Windows 10 and all of my updates are current.

Anyone have any idea how to fix these two problems? Thanks in advance.

PS: I had to use my phone to post this question. Because even though I had all of it typed up ahead of time in a notepad and all I have to do was a copy and paste, the window kept jumping back to the previous address so I was unable to post this question. My PC is pretty much unusable at this point.

Comments

• it could be a virus because my Dell laptop behaved that way every time I disabled my antivirus

• HoMartHoMart Posts: 480

check for stuck keyboard keys

check mouse and keyboard ports for "short circuit" - maybe dust etc.

If you use wireless mouse - change batterie - try different mouse - I once had a similar problem caused by a bluetooth mouse with low batterie (cursor always jumping to the left upper corner)

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

Try a different browser? Firefox is a secure browser out of the box. 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,465
    Paintbox said:

Try a different browser? Firefox is a secure browser out of the box. 

Talking about secure browsers, Firefox, Chrome and IE happily open sites with dangerous content without giving any warnings.

I have used Yandex for several years and to get into those sites, the browser does make it absolutely sure that you are taking a risk.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,249

Firefox with NoScript running in SandboxIE for any suspicious sites. Even so-called friendly sites, or even supposedly trustworthy sites until I trust them myself. Well, trust is a relative term on the Internet...

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    edited November 2020

I think your computer is fine. New versions of DAZ Studio will seize up your computer via being I/O bound when you render quite often, including switching the viewport to Filament or IRay Preview. Once, DAZ Studio seized my computer so badly that even control-alt-delete would not work & I had to pull power to the PC. 

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • GalaxyGalaxy Posts: 562

What kind of Mouse are you using. It is looks like a Mouse problem or driver of the Mouse.

This discussion has been closed.