How to extricate yourself from a DAZ PM group conversation ?

3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
edited November 2020 in The Commons

By 'extricate' I mean stop receiving further notifications when other people post to it.

I'd guess that if you use the 'Delete Conversation' option (right side, circled in red, in the attached screenshot) that might do it ? Although that'll obviously (edit to add bit I'd accidentally deleted) mean that you'll lose everything from before you decided to leave too.

But does anybody know for certain ?

And I assume that 'Delete Conversation' for a Group PM only deletes it from your account, leaving all the other participants able to continue with the Group PM.

But when you delete the conversation, do the other participants see your name disappear from the list ? And if not, then when somebody sends a new message to the group wouldn't that go to you again ?

extricate.jpg
838 x 703 - 99K
Post edited by 3dcheapskate on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,818
    edited November 2020

I have left some only to be readded but think I finally solved it

yes they can still chat after you delete conversation

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • I have left some only to be readded ...

Since there's no obvious "Leave Conversation" option anywhere perhaps you only thought you'd left, but were probably still on the list of participants.  So when somebody else posts a message to that conversation it goes to you too - I'd guess that if you'd  deleted the original converation it would appear to start a new one with the same title but with just the new message ? 

... but think I finally solved it

How ? I'm all ears...

yes they can still chat after you delete conversation

At least that bit's logical.  laugh

(P.S. I edited the OP to add the end of the sentence that I accidentally deleted)

• I solved it by deleting conversation and telling them not to add me again, I am not sure now but I think you can also delete your name.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

Can you just block them?

• We're trying out the "Delete Conversation" and that might be it. I say might because we seem to have deleted the wrong conversation... laugh

But I now see "One or more users have left this conversation" at the top of the (wrong) conversation, and the name of the user who attempted the self-extrication appears as before, but now it's struck through; like so.

Re blocking - I'd assume that's more for stopping messages from a particular user ? What we're after is a way to stop messages from just one specific conversation, regardless of user.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,818
    edited November 2020

yeah sadly the others can still readd them, you need to firmly leave a message you do not wish to be added and if they don't respect that block them

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

LOL I'm the one who is trying to leave the conversation, it's a very friendly situation. The group is chatting about a topic I just don't have time to pursue,  so we're trying to figure a way for me to stop receiving the group messages. I did the delete conversation but it was the wrong one, so I've tried again and we'll see if that works. We definitely don't want to block each other. :) 

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited November 2020

Hi Novica, that seemed to work - this is what I now see

left.jpg
    1091 x 241 - 40K
    Post edited by 3dcheapskate on
  • I've just sent another message to that group PM just to verify that you no longer receive notifications.

Note: all your older messages to that group PM are still there, which is good.

So the upshot of this appears to be that "Delete Conversation" is actually "Leave Conversation  (and delete it from my account)"

• as long as nobody readds you devil

• If you ever do find yourself in an unwelcome conversation please report it to the mods - PMs are still subject to the ToS, though as long as it's consensual you are free to discuss politics toy your heart's content (or boiling over).