Sharing Daz3D library between Mac and PC

Hey everyone! ???????? OK, I'm not really sure where to ask this but as I don't really access the forums, I'll start here. 

I am using a Mac but some elements of Daz only work on a PC. So, I have Parallels installed on the Mac and I am wanting to run Daz in both environments but for space purposes, I only want to install content once. I have edited the installation paths to one place but it looks like I still need to install content on both environments for install manager or connect to register that it's been installed for that particular environment. Basically, if I install a product on the Mac, I then have to install it again on the PC environment even though it's technically just overwriting the Mac installed files. I hope that makes sense! Is there anything I can do so that one install updates both sides? 

I'm sorry if this has been asked before and if this is posted in completely the wrong place. I didn't think it was a technical issue as it's my problem not a Daz one. Anyway, any help you can offer, I'd be most grateful. Thank you 

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

So you have DIM installed in both OS's but the installed content is in the same place?  You want both DIM's to look at the same Manifest Archive, which you can set in Basic Settings.  Then both will see the same items as installed.

• So you have DIM installed in both OS's but the installed content is in the same place?  You want both DIM's to look at the same Manifest Archive, which you can set in Basic Settings.  Then both will see the same items as installed.

Oh OK, so I've changed the file paths for the content and I need to also change the manifest paths to match as well in DIM and that should work? I'll give it a go.  Thank you. I appreciate your help.