Saving a clothing item after Autofit.

ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
edited December 1969 in New Users

It has been described many times, for example A4 to G2F. That the item needs to be fitted to V4 first, then saved. Then the item fitted to Genesis 1, then saved. Then fitted to G2F, then Saved...

Every step requires the Item to be saved after it was fitted to the next figure in line, How? I'm kind of stumped at step 5.

DazStudio_AutoFit_Save101b_lbl1.png
1144 x 692 - 163K
DazStudio_AutoFit_Save101a_lbl1.png
1150 x 695 - 155K

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Not entirely sure what you mean here?

If I was saving an A4 piece of clothing for G2F, there would be no need to apply it to V4 first, and then save it. I would simply use Autofit to fit it to Genesis, then save it using Save As > Support Asset > Figure/Prop Asset.

Once I have the Genesis version, I can then use Autofit to fit the new item to G2f, and save that the same way.

The save as option, saves a DUF format file, and you can put it where you want in your content library (My DAZ 3D Library), you can create a new folder for Autofit conversions or place them wherever you like as long as they are inside a DAZ Studio Formats library.

Is that what you mean?

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited August 2014

So I use the "Figure/Prop Asset." to save something after it was auto-fitted?
    So none of the items in that "+" menu are what I'm looking for?

I've just auto-fitted that shirt to G2F , I want to save it so I don't need to mess with Auto-fit again, for this example. None of the tutorial enplane that one step, how to save it, lol.

I have questions with just about Every-single thing in this save options window.
    (edit)
    I didn't make that, why is it claiming I did this product?

DazStudio_AutoFit_SaveAsset101.png
    470 x 558 - 21K
    Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,337
    edited December 1969

I think you may be confusing getting fourth generation clothes onto Genesis 2, for which the process is as Jimmy describes it, with applying fourth generation materials to Genesis 2 with the relevant add-on set, for which you do need to apply the materials to the fourth generation figure and save as a Materials preset.

edited August 2014

I think you may be confusing getting fourth generation clothes onto Genesis 2, for which the process is as Jimmy describes it, with applying fourth generation materials to Genesis 2 with the relevant add-on set, for which you do need to apply the materials to the fourth generation figure and save as a Materials preset.

please forgive the dear looking at oncoming headlights expression. lol.

Lets back up a tad. Hypothetically speaking, I just converted a shirt from V4 to Genesis 1. How do I save it, so I can auto-fit it to G2F?
    (edit)
    I'm diligently going threw daz3d via google to find anything on "Materials preset." vs “Figure/Prop Asset.” save options.

DazStudio_AutoFit_SaveMaterialPreset101.png
    274 x 358 - 8K
    DazStudio_AutoFit_SaveNotExplained101.png
    980 x 528 - 91K
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Save it the way I described earlier.

Make sure you have the now converted item selected in the scene pane, go to Save As > Support Asset > Figure/Prop Asset. Save it to somewhere inside you DS library folder, even create a new folder for it inside My DAZ 3D Library if you like.

Once you have that .DUF files saved (it will save with an icon), you can then load it onto G2F, and now select Genesis as the supported figure. Same thing again once you have it fitted, save it to your library. Obviously you woukld want to name it G2FFit or something, or simply save it into the G2F clothing folder in a new folder called Converted or some such name.

Does that help any?

edited August 2014

I'll give that a shot. The "Materials Preset" option didn't load the shirt onto a figure when I just tried it now.

With the Asset save, do I need to change any of these, or just click accept? (in the options window)

Shouldn't it have Parenting data for a shirt? or is that elsewhere?

DazStudio_AutoFit_SaveAsset101b.png
    470 x 558 - 21K
    DazStudio_AutoFit_SaveAsset101a.png
    955 x 495 - 24K
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

To have the parenting option available in the save, have the item parented before requesting the save.

edited August 2014

good point, I forgot to do that. I usually do so I don't get mixed up on what goes with whom, lol.
    canceled and fixed that...

DazStudio_AutoFit_SaveAsset101b3.png
    1146 x 609 - 52K
    edited August 2014

Figured out that the "Set Category" thing, should somehow make it visible in the SmartTab, somehow.
    (edit)
    What is the "Set Compatibility base"? is that for the color option presets, or is that something else?

DazStudio_AutoFit_SaveAsset101b4.png
    1143 x 652 - 68K
  • MN-150374MN-150374 Posts: 923
    edited August 2014

I´m not quite sure, what this thread is all about? Maybe it´s because English is not my native language.

But isn´t the option >Save As - Wearable Preset< what you are initially being looking for?

Please take a look at this : http://sickleyield.deviantart.com/journal/Tutorial-Clarification-Wearables-Presets-417253297

Post edited by MN-150374 on
    edited December 1969

I have not hit the "Accept" button yet, in fear of breaking something.

It sounds like that Wearables thing is for complete outfits, not a shirt by itself. Doesn't "Figures/prop Assets" also save all that rigging stuff as well?

edited December 1969

I hope that last screen-cap is correct, and I didn't miss anything.

I'm dawning the radiation goggles, duck for cover, and timidly click the accept button. And hope I don't break something in the Smart tab.

edited August 2014

I have not hit the "Accept" button yet, in fear of breaking something.

It sounds like that Wearables thing is for complete outfits, not a shirt by itself. Doesn't "Figures/prop Assets" also save all that rigging stuff as well?

Don´t be afraid! It was not my intention to scare you. :-)

I have never used >Figure/Prop Assets< and I don´t see any advantages of it. I think this is the way to do it if you have modeled a prop or clothing item on your own. But if I have understood your initial post correctly, you have the outfits already available in your DAZ Library.

If you choose >Wearable preset< a dialouge pops up, and you can select which parts of the outfit to include. You can check everything or only one.

WearablePreset.jpg
    895 x 605 - 268K
    edited December 1969

it's ok, the fear was attempting to remove mistakes from the smart tab, lol. I turned CMS into a pretzel once when I tried to purge saved scenes from my C drive. lol.

I will get to that outfit thing here in a bit, just got all the non-wilmap generation5 cloths over so they show when G2F is selected. Working on hair at the moment.

P.S. The "B25" stuff is genesis basic wear stuff.

DazStudio_AutoFit_SaveAsset_Results001.png
    1150 x 540 - 189K
    edited December 1969

dose the figure need to be in the T-pose when I use that outfit save thing?

edited August 2014

In my first screenshot it is the V4 Basic Wear stuff. Just wanted to do quick response.

Now it is the V4 Lirio Dress. There is a checkbox to include the pose. But if you reload the Wearable preset it will fit to any Genesis shape in every pose via Auto Follow. And DAZ Studio will not pop up the AutoFit Dialogue again.

WearablePreset3.jpg
    762 x 534 - 246K
    WearablePreset2.jpg
    481 x 750 - 134K
    edited August 2014

ok, so I don't need to go hunting for all the bits of the ShowGirls thing again, lol. I've forgotten allot of accessories in allot of outfits, because there spread all over the place.

That Evaleene Outfit is another.
    (edit)
    So I don't need to go threw this scene, and try to zero everybody. just select and save away with pose not selected?

DazStudio_SaveWearables101.png
    1150 x 540 - 230K
    edited December 1969

Loaded the Wearable to Genesis2 and each item was Autofitted again, this time from Genesis to Genesis2.
    Now I can save the second Wearable Preset ... and thats how I had interpreted your initial post.

WearablePreset4.jpg
    878 x 552 - 103K
    edited August 2014

Is that going to save Maggi as well?

I don't see the figure (V4) in your check-box list?
    (edit)
    That was exactly where I was, they described the auto-fit step-by-step, just not how to save it.

DazStudio_SaveWearables101_Propertys1.png
    274 x 434 - 11K
    edited August 2014

I kind of answered my own question after thinking about it. It is a bad idea to save outfits on special 6th generation figures. I should just stick to Genesis 2 female, for the outfit thing.

No Maggie morph on G2F, no G2F option in the Wearables Option box.
    (edit)
    Now where did It save that, lol. I should have done a screen-cap of that, lol.

DazStudio_SaveWearables101_Path1.png
    955 x 495 - 25K
    DazStudio_SaveWearables101_Propertys1corect1.png
    274 x 434 - 10K
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the hint, and guidance everyone. It worked.

one last screen-cap for the Content Library path for the "Wearables" default save location.

DazStudio_SaveWearables101_DefaultPath1.png
    1396 x 573 - 127K
    edited August 2014

If you have selected V4 in the scene tab, you will save this as wearable preset for V4. Cancel this dialogue if you want to save a G2F Wearable preset.

Just click on the Genesis2 figure in your scene and go to File->Save as->Wearable preset.
    In the dialogue make sure the autofitted components and necessary props are checked and uncheck everything else.

Edit: Like I said, English isn´t my first language. Sorry for the delay. I can not post so fast as you do. :-)