G8F Pose Transfer to V4/A4

richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,114
edited November 2020 in Freebies

May I present another pose transfer script. This time for G8F poses to be transferred to V4/A4.

To operate, load G8F and apply the desired pose. Then load Victoria 4 or Aiko 4, and run the script. Once more you'll need to identify V4's/A4's hip in one node selection combo box, and G8F's hip in the other. Then press the 'ACCEPT' button, and the script will run. There will probably be a need to tweak the pose afterwards, but it's likely that it won't be much more than when you apply a G8F base pose to a G8F character.

Please be aware that V4/A4 do not react well to some G8F poses, the 4 generation difference between the two figures can't really be avoided on occasions.

So, now some images. First, V4 matching G8F's base pose having originally been in her own zero pose:

Now a before and after image of a pose being applied to V4. In order to get this to work, I had to turn the V4 rotation limits off, otherwise V4 got nowhere near the G8F pose - if the pose matching is awful, you may have to do the same.

I hope this will be of some use to a at least a couple of people.

Regards,

Richard.

zip
zip
G8FPoseTransferToV4.zip
G8FPoseTransferToV401.jpg
923 x 895 - 405K
G8FPoseTransferToV402.jpg
923 x 895 - 453K
G8FPoseTransferToV403.jpg
923 x 895 - 450K
Post edited by richardandtracy on

Comments

• jedijuddjedijudd Posts: 606

Thank you

• Oh thank you thank you. I look forward to trying all these scripts out.

• Must admit I have been surprised at the interest in these scripts. Always thought generation 3 was nearly dead and buried, while generation 4 was being kept on life support by a few dedicated users, but after the numbers of comments & downloads here and Renderosity, I find I've quite underestimated the numbers of people still interested in them. Amazed.

Regards,

Richard.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,023
    edited November 2020

To be able to match the poses between figures as close as possible for the default loads of all the figures aids tremendously in producing better transfer morphs ;-)

eta: well I tried one of the scripts out with my theory for a project but it's a no-go. Apparently the other morphs in the G figures [because they've had the bones adjusted to those shapes] did not want to play nice with the script - at least not for what I was trying to do.

However for what you made these scripts for, they work great! smiley

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on