How can I edit an aniMate Lite sequence?

Hi,

I havent worked with animations yet and with the new DAZ upgrade I thought it would be the right time to start.

First atempt... BUG!

The walking animations in the G8 starter essentials don't apply properly. Right on the first frame, the lower legs get crossed and the model walks (quite elegantly though) whit her feet that are tripping over themselves at each step.
No big deal I thought, I just have to edit the poses on each frame. But that doesn't work, the legs just won't stay at the right distance from one another. The animation resets the pose corrections.

Any work around to edit the animation?

DAZ 3D animation bug 1.jpg
816 x 712 - 79K
DAZ 3D animation bug 2.jpg
816 x 712 - 91K
DAZ 3D animation bug 3.jpg
816 x 712 - 87K
DAZ 3D animation bug 4.jpg
816 x 712 - 90K

Comments

• you can use the pose parameters not transforms

• you can use the pose parameters not transforms

You mean the pose controls in the parameters tab?

• OK, ok... that works.

• denisnormandindenisnormandin Posts: 154
    edited November 2020

Now, how can I save the camera movements from frame to frame. I want it to follow the model's progression toward the chair. My aim is to add some frames to have her turn around and sit on the chair at the end.

------------------

Forget that one, I was working with the perspective view, not the camera, that's why no change was recorded.
    Ya, some times I trip on my own feet too! wink

Post edited by denisnormandin on
    edited November 2020

Well. 

If the only way to animate a model is through the pose controls... I don't see how I could achieve my goal here. There is just not enough flexibility for each body part. I couldn't find a way to make her upper body start to twist while movint the left arm to grab the seat harm. No controls over the sholders or torso (except for the breasts). Also, I couldn't find a way to move her right foot forward and to the right. There must be one since such a movement have been used in other walking animations. But I can't find how.

I guess it is a work in progress and more controle will be added in the future. I'll have to wait a while I guess.

• Well. 

If the only way to animate a model is through the pose controls... I don't see how I could achieve my goal here. There is just not enough flexibility for each body part. I couldn't find a way to make her upper body start to twist while movint the left arm to grab the seat harm. No controls over the sholders or torso (except for the breasts). Also, I couldn't find a way to move her right foot forward and to the right. There must be one since such a movement have been used in other walking animations. But I can't find how.

I guess it is a work in progress and more controle will be added in the future. I'll have to wait a while I guess.

yeah are limited but one can create and save pose controls, I have done it but would also need to search how

edited November 2020
    yeah are limited but one can create and save pose controls, I have done it but would also need to search how

Create and save pose controls?!? 

I don't understand, if you have done it, why do you say that you would need to search how?
    Anyway, if someone can tell me how to do that, I would be very happy to know.

• yeah are limited but one can create and save pose controls, I have done it but would also need to search how

Create and save pose controls?!? 

I don't understand, if you have done it, why do you say that you would need to search how?
    Anyway, if someone can tell me how to do that, I would be very happy to know.

because I have a memory like a sieve, same as using Blender I keep googling the steps

if you cannot google I can try for you

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800
    edited November 2020

BTW after your first post I noticed I had you on ignore 

I was wondering why cheeky

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • BTW after your first post I noticed I had you on ignore 

I was wondering why cheeky

If I remember corectly, you tryed to help me once and I was having problems with the forum (or my computer), my window wouldn't refresh corectly and I missed your posts, so you felt I was ignoring them.
    Sorry about that, I really wasn't doing that on purpose. blush

• That looks nice, I'll try to take a bite off it, I hope I'll be able to chew and swallow it, without choking. wink

• I did take you off ignore today

• I did take you off ignore today

Thanks laugh

edited November 2020

It didn't take me long to get stuck!

Those steps are for a previous version of DAZ (4.8 I think). I can't see the "Property editor menu" or find the "ERC Freeze menu", and all the help I can find through google (searching the forums directly very rarely yields any relevant topics. Bad search engine.) is from many years back and does not apply to the latest DAZ. There is probably a new way to achieve the same results, but not knowing what the name changes that have been made through the newer versions... I can't find the right answers. I would need to ask the right questions for that, but I will only be able to correctly phrase those when I have the answers. Feels like playing "Jeopardy".

• The more I try editing this sequence the more frustrated I get. It's not an actual project of mine. It is just an exercise to get aquinted with animating. But still, it is getting to me pretty hard. angry

There is just no way with the Pose controles to move the model's right foot forward.
    Controls for the legs are too limited. Controls for the feet are useless for that purpose, and there are no controls at all for the shin section. 

It is an absolute MUST that DAZ come up with more controls quickly, especially with the new animation content that they have been putting an emphasis on lately.

Animation shortcomings 1.jpg
    1239 x 712 - 169K
    Animation shortcomings 2.jpg
    783 x 590 - 98K