Clothing Posette and Dork

yeideyeide Posts: 21
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

So, I was hoping to rely on the P4 figures in Poser 10 for background characters to reduce the strain during rendering. I downloaded a bunch of items from Posette Forever, but these include an obj file and a pz file--no cr file for conforming clothing. I assume back then folks assumed you would have the conforming clothing installed. Is this correct? If so, is there any way to get copies of the original conforming clothing files? Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,542
    edited December 1969

No, what you describe is a little odd.

In the days of Poser 4 you would commonly find one of these situations

A complete clothing outfit that would have an .obj and .cr2

A texture package that would contain a MAT pose - pz2 but no .cr2 or .obj

Occasionally, before everyone figured out how to do MAT files, a texture would be distributed with a new cr2 but no .obj

The only reason to distribute the way you describe is if they intended you to import the .obj, create your own .cr2 and use the .pz2 to texture it.

If you give me an example of one of the items, I'll check it out and see if I can figure it out.

Change of Topic:

Usually, when people say Posettes, they mean the P4 nude female character, then they add clothes. If you are looking for low res, you might consider the figures with the built in clothes and just change the textures.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,260
    edited December 1969

PZ what? PZ2 is a pose, but pz3 is a scene file - some older items do use those instead of a cr2.

• yeideyeide Posts: 21
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the quick responses! I'm really embarrassed to say that as I have fooled around with it, I had put the CR2s in the wrong runtime folder. Sheesh. I'm sorry for wasting your time.