DELETE

davesodaveso Posts: 6,439
edited October 2021 in The Commons

DELETE

Post edited by daveso on

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited October 2020

I usually  just read the forums. I skip the blogs entirely.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • RobinsonRobinson Posts: 751

Well, I think mostly forgot blogs existed, so I'll go check them out now :p.

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,501

I did not know they existed. I don't know how to find them. And I'd probably quickly lose interest if it was kind of a one-way conversation.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301
    NylonGirl said:

I did not know they existed. I don't know how to find them. And I'd probably quickly lose interest if it was kind of a one-way conversation.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,439
    edited October 2021

DELETE

Post edited by daveso on
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited October 2020

I didn't even know there was a blog until a few weeks ago when I had two "Download DAZ Studio" buttons on my menu bar...

It seems kinda sparse, and I'm not sure that many people know it exists... hopefully there'll be more interesting stuff in the future... But not too distant future... like before the Robot Penguin Revolution... to be honest it's not that much worse than anything 2020 had, and it's actually a lot cuter.

I was kinda tempted to make comment just to see if comments are enabled, but none of the posts I looked at had comments... I'm not sure if my inane comments would be found to be amusing on their own.

EDITED TO ADD...

So I went there and found a topic with a comment... it was an interview with Herschel Hoffmeyer, who I previously knew nothing about and now know slightly more than nothing about, but it was enlightening and I figured I'd add a nice comment and chime in about perhaps having more PA interviews...

But I can't comment or see images using Safari in iOS... Apparently Firefox on iOS works.

Megh... what's up with Safari and DAZ?

Post edited by McGyver on
  • There are a number of blogs out there, I think those of us with one would benefit from cross-linking our sites to help folks find us :)

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,566

I usually  just read the forums. I skip the blogs entirely.

Same

Sevrin said:
    NylonGirl said:

I think I've just never looked past the Forums button, and rarely clicked past the Shop button. I rely on three bookmarks that lead to my wishlist, the "Commons" part of the forums, and my product library. It's nice to know there are things further to the right.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

I commented on the esha one when it came out, but evidently nobody at Daz was moderating comments, and it didn't show up. After several days, I submitted a help request to ask why my comment didn't show up. That woke them up, and then a day or two later the comment was posted.

I'm not impressed with that blog. I just finished looking at "3D for Beginners: the Close-Up" and it shows images and talks about them, but doesn't say anything about settings or what anybody could do to make an image like those. And three of the four articles before that are about bridges. I'm sure bridges are exciting for people who use them but that's a lot of focus on just bridges, for people who don't use them.

"Making Great 3D Art on a Budget" doesn't seem to mention anything about prices or polygons. And it starts out with an expensive and, in my opinion, resource-intensive mouse. A good mouse, but not what I would use to talk about things that don't use a lot of money or resources.

I guess my main issue is in my mind I was led to think I was going to learn something and all I got was marketing hype. It reminds me of that book they used to sell called "Figures, Characters and Avatars".

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,821

it annoys me too much by coming up instead of the product link I was going to, the oops with the chameleon annoys me less, so I stubbornly made a point not to read it

that and my being a militant Carraraist cheeky

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838

Glanced at it once. Found it to be a load of marketing waffle with little substance. Ignored it subsequently.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Blogs like this are usually used to give customers a glimpse of what to expect in the future, with or without a timeline.  You'd think they'd take the opportunity to tell us what they are hoping to achieve with Filament in a blog post.  It's something some PAs have obviously been informed about, but we mere customers have no idea what's going on.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,688
    barbult said:

I commented on the esha one when it came out, but evidently nobody at Daz was moderating comments, and it didn't show up. After several days, I submitted a help request to ask why my comment didn't show up. That woke them up, and then a day or two later the comment was posted.

Yup. I've made a few comments, but it has taken over a week for each of them to be posted. One comment took almost three weeks to be posted. Maybe the blog is moderated by someone from tech support.

• MisselthwaiteMisselthwaite Posts: 959
    edited October 2020

The blogs lack relevance to how I use Daz, so I never looked again after they initially showed up.  To be fair, I just looked again - nope, still not meaningful to a user like myself. :-)  At least I noticed them more quickly than I noticed the Forums... I think I'd been shopping here for more than five years before I noticed those.

Post edited by Misselthwaite on
  • plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,020

When I took over the blog at my work I had really big plans to add a bunch of really shiny in-depth new content to it and then I ended up doing 100k other things and the blog continued on much as it ever has, because that's the content marketing life. laugh 

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

I think the blog exists for the search engines, so new people will find Daz3D. So I don't think we are the primary audience.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

It's nice, but I always waste way to much time on various social media everyday when I should be working on my house & yard.