save a character

I know there is a way to save a character preset but all that is saved is the physical attributes of the actor. What I was wondering is if there is a way to save a character with all his physical attributes as well as his clothes and anything you have added to the figure for easy grab and place into a scene.  Having to bring in each piece of clothing or any props you have given to the figure would be time consuming if you have multiple actors you wish to place in a scene. A one stop grab and drop into the scene would be great.  Any way to do that?

Comments

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838

Save a scene subset

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

One word of caution when doing that — don't just click-click-OK through the save dialog. You're given an option to select which objects to save into the subset. If all the clothes, hair, props etc. are parented to the figure (this is preferred, it makes things easier later) then you only need to have the figure selected; all its child objects will also be selected. If there are lights or bits of scenery, though, make sure these are only selected if you're sure you want them included in the subset; most of the time you probably won't.

• hwgs1971hwgs1971 Posts: 128

What if I have a character saved it in three scene subsets and decide to change something, for example, their clothes. Is there any way to make the change once and have it cascade down to all scene subsets? I have been struggling with this issue since I started using Daz Studio. I open every scene and make the same update and it can take forever if I have a lot of subsets.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,029
    hwgs1971 said:

What if I have a character saved it in three scene subsets and decide to change something, for example, their clothes. Is there any way to make the change once and have it cascade down to all scene subsets?

Not that I know of.