FaceApp - "How to smile" Instruction

MilanauticaMilanautica Posts: 5
edited October 2020 in Art Studio

I find it very difficult to get natural looking smiles in DAZ so I tried out FaceApp and want to give you a short instruction on how to get wonderful smiles for your character.

1. Download the App FaceApp onto your phone and install it
2. Send your final render to your phone (via Mail, Bluetooth, whatever)
3. Open FaceApp and select your render
4. Select the "Smile" Tab and decide between the different smile presets > with the Pro version you have more to select
5. Save the setting, save the new picture and send it back to your computer

There are plenty more settings you can add: different MakeUps, Gender, Hairstyles, Haircolors, Age, ...

What do you think of FaceApp?
Have you already tried it with your 3D renderings?

How to smile
Original render on the left, FaceApp retouched smile in the middle and on the right

Greetings,
Milanautica

Post edited by Milanautica on

Comments

• junkjunk Posts: 1,228

Thank you for showing us Milanautica!  I believe it's a progression of art and tools we have available to get to the final image.  Photoshop is looked down on by some people and so I've been trying to let people know I utilize Google Snapseed (a free editor for Android, iOS, Chromebooks).  I'm still on the fence about FaceApp for myself but I can understand that AI is the future. 

I'm slowly warming up to the idea but it will take me some time.  I still want to try and get expressions right from Daz directly but have a long ways to go.  Thanks again Milanautica!

• Yes junk, there are tons of tools and softwares out there. It's what we make of it. That digital era is awesome!
    I have never heard of Google Snapseed - maybe because my phone is very oldschool and I don't use the camera very often.

What I like about FaceApp is that randomness, like... well, the result feels like a little surprise after hitting a parameter button ツ
    And I'm quite amazed how this AI smoothly transforms a photo/render with its own settings.