[Released] Now-Crowd Billboards - Ancient World [Commercial]

2»

Comments

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,781

How do you delete a key in the timeline?

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,603

Hylas said:

How do you delete a key in the timeline?

I haven't used the timeline much myself so there might be an easier way and I am not 100% on the terminology but here is what I did:

1. Expand the timeline tab upwards so you can see the Billboard in the top-half
    2. Select the billboard in the timeline panel
    3. There should be a little black triangle along this line at the very end (under 30) - click on this so it is highlighted
    4. Then, on the bottom "controls section" of the timeline where it says "Keys", the button with a key and a minus should be enabled - click this button which should remove the "adjustments" on the billboard meaning that it's rotation is now as per frame zero which should be facing the camera.
    edited July 2023

Thanks, that worked!

This is starting to be unrelated to the original problem, but is there also a way to "remove" an item from the timeline, but make it so it remains in the position/pose of the last frame? Hope the question makes sense.

Post edited by Hylas on
  • SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,603

Hylas said:

Thanks, that worked!

This is starting to be unrelated to the original problem, but is there also a way to "remove" an item from the timeline, but make it so it remains in the position/pose of the last frame? Hope the question makes sense.

I think I get what you are asking and if you do the opposite of what I said and delete the triangle from frame 0 instead of 30 then it would do that except the position is reset to the origin (probably because that is stored at that frame). However, if you expand the billboard line (using the icon to the left of the name) in the timeline and again expand properties it does then show keys for both the translation and rotation. You can click the triangle at 0 on the translate line, right-click and "Copy selected keys", then click the triangle on the same line at 30 and right-click & paste keys. Then, right-click and de-select all keys, then select the two keys at frame 0 and delete them. Hopefully that makes sense and maybe gets you to where you want to be?  If not then you might need to start a separate thread on that and hope someone more experienced with the timeline can answer.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,160

I believe the animation keyframe issue is a long-standing known problem.

@SofaCitizen: Deleting the "first triangle" doesn't seem possible and I don't really understand what else you're saying; but it's really a separate issue from the Billboard rotation script one, I will open a new thread over in Technical Help. Thanks for answering though!

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,371
    edited July 2023

barbult said:

I believe the animation keyframe issue is a long-standing known problem.

Good catch everyone!  I was wondering why the Now-Crowd Utilities worked, but I did not have time to explore further.  I fixed this issue in the Now-Crowd Utilities version.  The version in the 58 Now-Crowd Billboards products will have this issue as I would have to fix ALL of them and then having them ALL tested by Daz (including uploading all the products as Daz does not allow partial product updates).  That did not seem like a good idea. smiley  As @Barbult said, this is a known issue.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on