DForce Not Colliding with Anything Suddenly?

Hello! I have a simple plane primitive that I created into a blanket. I have been using it for quite some time, simulating with Dforce without any issues.

But suddenly today, when trying to pose a new scene, my blanket decided to no longer collide with ANYTHING. To make matters worse, if I try to bring in a copy of the blanket from an older scene, that still doesn't fix the problem - and any brand new primitives that I make still have the issue!

Things that I have tried but have not fixed my issue:
1) Checked that all my interacting assets have "Visible in simulation" turned ON.
2) Made sure my simulation is starting from "Current Frame" like I always have it. I do not use a timeline. 
3) Fully reset the simulation settings tab to default.
4) Adjusting collision layer, friction, and other sliders. (I use dforce dynamic surface).
5) Moved the blanket so lay parallel to the floor and floating over my character to see if it will 'catch' with anything. Nope. Simply falls through everything.

Gif of the issue: https://i.imgur.com/Dkd9P75.gif
If anyone has any ideas, I would greatly appreciate it. This is a very frustrating problem!

Comments

• How did you create the dForce blanket?

• Faux2DFaux2D Posts: 452

Are all the other assets in the scene seen as static objects?

That's what it looks like to me. DForce is running because the blanket falls through but it doesn't seem to know what it should collide with.

• It looks to me as if that is a plane with only a single division. dForce can't bend things without vertices linked by edges, try redoing the process but use a plane with 25 divisions instead.

• PetraPetra Posts: 1,143

I had the same problem a while back and Richard Haseltine advice worked.

• Gif of the issue: https://i.imgur.com/Dkd9P75.gif
    If anyone has any ideas, I would greatly appreciate it. This is a very frustrating problem!

Had to watch your gif a few times, but you appear to be using "Simulate Selected" with only the plane selected.