Daz Studio crashes only when trying to load a Genesis 8 female

mavixtiousmavixtious Posts: 5
edited October 2020 in Daz Studio Discussion

All models female and male load just fine. But when I try loading a Genesis 8 female model, daz (4.12) crashes. I've never experienced this in the past.I have updated drivers and windows, I tried reinstalling daz and genesis8 essentials, I went back to daz 4.11, I've tried everything I could think of but it still crashes everytime. Sometimes I'm "lucky" and the model will load...deformed and "decomposed" like a zombie. See attached log and image. Please help.

Mod edit :- Image removed due to nudity,  pleas redo usind a non-skin shader

txt
txt
crash_log.txt
Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• Try clearing the DSON cache in Edit>Preferences, Daz Studio>Preferences for the Mac.

• Try clearing the DSON cache in Edit>Preferences, Daz Studio>Preferences for the Mac.

No that didn't help either :(( See new attached log. Sometimes it loads the model deformed like in the attached image but after a while it crashes

DAZStudio_3sMq4AxZ3c.png
    491 x 563 - 102K
    txt
    txt
    newlog.txt
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,420

What are your system specs?

CPU, Display adapter, How much memory, Operating System...?

Based on your log, you seem to have a problem with the drivers for your display adapter.

• Given how the figure appears to have a bad split morph applied to it, it is possible that there is/are some bad morphs that need removing.

My idea would be to slide the entire G8F data off to the desktop [keeping it safe while removing it from the program]. Then reinstall a fresh download of G8F.

Then open D/S and see what happens. If G8F loads, then [with D/S closed] one by one slide back into the G8F data folder the other products - testing the load in D/S in between each addition. When the problem reappears, you've found the bad morph(s). Remove that morph and continue checking the rest of the products either one by one or en masse [all together]. It is necessary to close D/S before messing around in its data folders.

Slide to the Desktop [removing it from the folder].png
    516 x 331 - 25K
  • Given how the figure appears to have a bad split morph applied to it, it is possible that there is/are some bad morphs that need removing.

My idea would be to slide the entire G8F data off to the desktop [keeping it safe while removing it from the program]. Then reinstall a fresh download of G8F.

Then open D/S and see what happens. If G8F loads, then [with D/S closed] one by one slide back into the G8F data folder the other products - testing the load in D/S in between each addition. When the problem reappears, you've found the bad morph(s). Remove that morph and continue checking the rest of the products either one by one or en masse [all together]. It is necessary to close D/S before messing around in its data folders.

I did that and it still crashes, unfortunately. So maybe it has to do with my drivers like PerttiA said

• mavixtiousmavixtious Posts: 5
    edited October 2020
    PerttiA said:

Based on your log, you seem to have a problem with the drivers for your display adapter.

Windows 10, 8gb RAM, AMD RADEON (TM) RM5 M330, see attached image for the rest of info. But it's been a year or so that I've been using daz without any problem. Why does this happen now out of the blue? :( Btw Library path is correct, I've already tried 4.11 and I've just reinstalled and opened for the 2nd time a fresh and clean version of 4.12 and it still crashes only with genesis 8 female. So it can't be corrupted morphs. I've also updated my CUDA today to 11.1 and the crashes persist.

I8H4ospg0p.png
    222 x 45 - 2K
    Post edited by mavixtious on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,420
    PerttiA said:

Windows 10, 8gb RAM, AMD RADEON (TM) RM5 M330, see attached image for the rest of info. But it's been a year or so that I've been using daz without any problem. Why does this happen now out of the blue? :( Btw Library path is correct, I've already tried 4.11 and I've just reinstalled and opened for the 2nd time a fresh and clean version of 4.12 and it still crashes only with genesis 8 female. So it can't be corrupted morphs. I've also updated my CUDA today to 11.1 and the crashes persist.

You are not the only one meddling with your computer, W10 is known to update drivers to inferior ones without asking for permission. Your log file indicates problems with OpenGL, therefore updating the display adapter drivers from the manufacturer's site should be one of the first things to try.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,010
    edited October 2020

Given how the figure appears to have a bad split morph applied to it, it is possible that there is/are some bad morphs that need removing.

I did that and it still crashes, unfortunately. So maybe it has to do with my drivers like PerttiA said

Okay. Well it was worth a shot 'cause for D/S to be loading all the other figures just not G8F I find rather strange. Reinstalling D/S does not affect content. If ideas from those in the forum do not solve the problem you can put in a CS ticket to Tech Support. They would require log files of course as well as instructions on how to replicate the error messages.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on