Pose transfer

hermun81hermun81 Posts: 101
edited December 1969 in New Users

Is it possible to use M4 / V4 poses with Genesis 2 figures?

Comments

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited July 2014

Not without a converter of some kind, and I'm not sure that any of the "V4 for G2F" packs will do poses.

not all of the joint rotations move in the same way (between V4 and G2F), that's why it will not work directly.

If you have V4, you can try loading the pose onto V4.
    Then load G2F and fuss with the joint rotations to match the V4 pose.
    Then you cane save a "Pose Preset" of the G2F figure, for future use.

There's more to the what parts (check-boxes) of the pose preset to save, tho I trust you have the gist of the idea.
    (edit)
    the attached is for body poses, facial expressions are a different check box not in that menu. Under "Pose controls" I think?

DazStudio_SavePosePresec201.png
    751 x 908 - 171K
    DazStudio_SavePosePresec101.png
    467 x 623 - 50K
    Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

They do work to a degree, but hands and feet can get a little messed up due to having different rotation settings.

• siocsioc Posts: 299
    edited December 1969

you should look this thread http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/37925/

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited December 1969

Thanks so much sioc, I had forgotten about that free script V4-to-genesis(1).

After saving that, it should be a no brainier to apply the converted saved pose to G2F, from what I'm reading. I think you just drag it onto the figure and it dose it's best to make the pose work.

Kraig Hausmann
    Poses
    Poses for Genesis can be applied to Genesis 2 and they will generally look good. There may be need of adjustment if the two figure morphs are very different. Poses for fourth generation can be applied, but there they will not apply well as the two figures are rigged significantly differently.

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/20680798-Converting-Generation-4-Content-for-use-with-Genesis-1-and-2