Need Default gray material for all my Figures

I recently had to wipe my hard drive and re-install everything. Working in DAZ Studio 4.12 Pro, my figures when I first start out, have the fleshy color material. I want to go back to the default gray color. How can I do this? Thanks! 

Comments

• Most of the Genesis figures load textured - the exception would be the Dev Builds for Genesis 8. For display you can switch to Smooth Shaded view, but they will still render with textures. if you want untextured variants use the Surfaces pane's Editor tab to select the whole figure and then set all of the mapped proeprties to "None", then save a new character preset (File>Save As) and use that to load the figure.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,156

Alternately, load the dev loads, then save a material preset.

• Gordig said:

Alternately, load the dev loads, then save a material preset.

Yes, that would work for Genesis 3 - and a Shader preset  could be applied to the selected surfaces of any figure, instead of manually removing the maps.

• ... or use the smooth shaded viewing option for the viewport.

• kevphilkevphil Posts: 42
    edited October 2020

I should have been more clear: I don't really care how they actually render. It's the PREVIEW I care about. But I do care about the lighting and camera settings acuurately reflecting settings.

I just tried Smooth Shaded and that's exactly what I wanted! (I'm a dummy!) Thanks ALL!

Post edited by kevphil on