How to insert in a DAZ scene one of my handmade jewels

I make handmade jewels (beadworks) and I have downloaded DAZ studio to insert them in a scene to render: I think it would be very impressive! 

My question is: how do I make my jewels as 3D elements to insert in a scene? Is that possible?

Comments

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,234

you could scan them.  Watch some youtubes on photogrammetry/3d scanning with your smartphone.

• Not unless theye xist as 3D files on your computer, no. You could take a photo of the jewellery on a mannequin with a contrasting colour to the background and jewellery, then select them in an image editor and composite them onto a render of a figure (trying to make the lighting in the scene match the lighting in theb photo, or vice versa). If you do have the jewellery in a 3D format, convert to OBJ or FBX and you should be able to import into DS, apply materials for the metals/gems used, and then place on a figure for rendering.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,811

https://www.3dflow.net/3df-zephyr-photogrammetry-software/

is free for up to 50 contributing images to stitch together your scan

• maridamarida Posts: 3

Thank you all smiley I wonder if It is possible to use an Alpha map. Let me explain: starting from a cut out photo of an earring (for example), I had the idea of using a basic object in DAZ (I was thinking of a plane) and use that photo as a texture. With the alpha map (of the photo)  I should get some sort of object that I can render. The difficulty lies in taking the photo with the right shot. Maybe this is too complicate...

P.S.: my knowledge of 3D is quite basic, and maybe I'm saying nonsense indecision

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,811

well a primitive plane with a cutout opacity map would certainly be the easiest way if that sufficient.

well a primitive plane with a cutout opacity map would certainly be the easiest way if that sufficient.

That's my thought

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,234

Billboards are good for this, because they keep the relationship to the camera so when you move the camera your plane will stay facing the camera.

I guess you could just parent the plane to the camera though if you dont have the billboards plugin.

lilweep said:

Billboards are good for this, because they keep the relationship to the camera so when you move the camera your plane will stay facing the camera.

I guess you could just parent the plane to the camera though if you dont have the billboards plugin.

Interesting, I did not think about it.Thank you