Post edited by Catherine3678ab on

Comments

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,019
    edited February 2021

nm

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395
    edited October 2020

Added a body tray, hinges for the door, and one pose for Genesis.

Next to make the fun loading thingie.

aaah now! i was interested yesterday, but yeah, no tray first haha.., so i waited. now that you made the tray i was about to DL this - but what is "the fun loading thingie" ??? i'd rather wait until all stuff you planned is done ^^

nice design on the box btw, looks real solid ^^

Post edited by manekiNeko on
    edited February 2021

nm

edited February 2021

nm

• 'Fun loading thingy' is probably a 'Scissor Lift', though 'wajamakalit' would be equally applicable.

Looking good so far. One thing to remember - and it's something I forgot when designing my first one to be built, much to my embarrassment, though I caught my mistake before anyone saw it - is that one end of the lower scissors needs to slide/roll towards the other pivoted end. Otherwise, the only way to get it to lift is to stretch the metal as everything is fully triangulated and fixed.

Regards,

Richard.

edited October 2020

Added a body tray, hinges for the door, and one pose for Genesis.

Next to make the fun loading thingie.

aaah now! i was interested yesterday, but yeah, no tray first haha.., so i waited. now that you made the tray i was about to DL this - but what is "the fun loading thingie" ??? i'd rather wait until all stuff you planned is done ^^

nice design on the box btw, looks real solid ^^

Thank you. Yes it will be released all together in a package. Work in Progress took a little side trip [6 hours* to render this, hope somebody likes it] while I tried to make a little bonus for the package. All that red stuff! If there is any interest I'll include it. Fits to Genesis.

* - I normally render stills so hopefully I had some setting that should have been adjusted and wasn't. Anyhow ...

lmao... XDD.. working in a morgue on halloween must be a bummer. tho in series you aways see those unfazed dudes/chicks eating their sandwich/lunch or taking a nap right there in the autopsy room/morgue or sth, so they prolly don't mind ^^

edited October 2020

'Fun loading thingy' is probably a 'Scissor Lift', though 'wajamakalit' would be equally applicable.

Looking good so far. One thing to remember - and it's something I forgot when designing my first one to be built, much to my embarrassment, though I caught my mistake before anyone saw it - is that one end of the lower scissors needs to slide/roll towards the other pivoted end. Otherwise, the only way to get it to lift is to stretch the metal as everything is fully triangulated and fixed.

Regards,

Richard.

well, thanks a lot for the name "scissor lift" - i was wondering if i could buy some kind of lifting device for the heavy boxes i almost killed my back stacking on high shelves (no other room available...) but had not the inkling of a clue what to actually search for. just need to translate that and maybe i'll find some now ^^

EDIT: it's (scheren-)hubtischwagen. not hard to find. but they seem to cost a fortune TT

edited February 2021

nm

edited February 2021

nm

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,092
    edited October 2020

Not sure if you agree with me over it, but the legs on the scissors look a bit skinny to me. A 75mm x 38mm box section (7.5 x 3.8 cm) would be the minimum I'd go for, and I've seen 100 x 50mm on hospital beds. Sounds ridiculously over sized, but these things are usually intended to be robust enough for use with body weights of 200kg/440 lb. Using a very thin wall and a deep section means it can be fairly light and and strong enough at the same time, while the width provides structural stability laterally when it wobbles from side to side.

It is possible I'm over-thinking this...

Regards,

Richard.

Post edited by richardandtracy on
    edited February 2021

nm

scheren hubtischwagen - scissors lifting table trolley, okay :-)  SLTT for short ;-) Don't want the file names goofing up people's copying/saving them to external drives like one vendor's does.

Working in a morgue is certainly not everybody's cup of tea. However the freakiest, recent day, account I've ever heard of was of a man who came back to life after being dead for 3 days. In India their rituals have the coffin open for one final viewing before the lid is nailed shut and the coffin with contents goes into the incinerator. I'll skip the details as I'm trying to eat lunch ... but just before the lid was put back on the coffin, life returned to the corpse [really really was one] and he sat up. Funeral party - most of them fled the room! The remaining few were able to hear a most remarkable story. AFAIK he is still traveling about India telling his story.

wow.. i guess the man from India might have lost some acquaintances (and made a ton of new ones) - they must have thought he was possessed or sth.. and he was really lucky, good timing, a bit later and he was crisp.

i think stuff like this is why you have all those wakes and other waiting periods - back then when medical science wasn't as today, making sure someone was really dead was important. dunno how they fared with comatose people and the likes.. not gonna google it now, but i know there are cases where there were kinda non-permanent deaths, even by today's standards of diagnostics. prolly all the more when it doesn't happen in a hospital with a million machines controlling every body/brain function.. some substances can help towards this kinda phenomenon too - or at least in series, where people want to be declared dead and then stert a new life or sth..

It is coming along nicely. Tomorrow the handrail and wheels. Then in D/S will try to set up some poses or something. The centre point information from Hexagon does not carry over to D/S so all the um, scissors, need to have that done again [by me] and hopefully it will all save out nicely [for you].

looking good! wow there' so much work going into this...

edited February 2021

nm

• Any platform for wheeling or carrying dead people around is, I think, called a bier, in English (pl. biers).  As opposed to that splendid category of grain-ferment drinks called das Bier (pl. die Biere) in Germany.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bier

edited February 2021

nm

yeaaaaaah! worth the wait! must have been hell to add pivots to the many scissor's axes TT... number is cool! "These are obviously not intended to be permanent residences" ... lmaoooo laugh. anyways, an awesome complement to all my detective/police etc environments (and all those freaky skins too)! i mean you just can't have a crime scene and no morgue box...

thanks a lot for the hard work you put into this! ^^

edited February 2021

nm

• Thanks Katherine. Most impressive.

Regards,

Richard.

edited February 2021

nm

edited February 2021

Retired

ofc the tag.. can't be missing! ;) nice addon. and the light, so cool! ^gotta try that too. thanks for continuing adding fun stuff to teh box  ^^and the link

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,309

Just to make sure I got what I needed, the entire thing is 2 downloads, the Morge Stuff and the Toe Tag ? Great job by the way and, of course, thank you for this.

edited February 2021

nm

edited February 2021

Retired

edited February 2021

Retired

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,309

Thanks Catherine, much appreciated

Came across a joke, tape man wanted played at his funeral.

and they say black humor is british... at least, he made his buddies laugh. awesome way to say goodbye. i like his attitude towards death. not that i'd have the guts to face it that way...

edited February 2021

Retired