Hair slowing down my Workspace?

DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,384

So I got this product recently and couldn't be more happy with it except for one thing... https://www.daz3d.com/jen-hair-for-genesis-8-females

When it's in my scene, my workspace lags like CRAZY. And I mean bad. If a character is wearing this hair and I try to move her in the scene, it freezes up and then BOOOM she's teleported across the screen. What causes this? I know it's not a RAM issue. At least I don't think. I have 24 GB of RAM. I'm not dissing the hair itself. I mean, it looks great and I LOVE it. It's just a hassle having to delete it and reapply it all the time. I will, don't get me wrong. But I wondered if maybe there was a "Molasses" box I could toggle to "No thank you."

Comments

• It comes with preview on/off mats - turning off preview should help.
    It is not unheard of to set up the entire scene, last item to load being the hair, then just render the image.
    This being a DForce Hair whether or not a simulation is run will also factor into the workflow.
    It is also not unheard of that all hairs will not necessarily work well on all systems. If it's totally a no-go, there is the 30-day money back guarantee [which may or not affect total prices of anything else that was purchased in the same order - sometimes it's better to keep the product in other words].

• DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,384

Thanks for the info Catherine! I'll try to find the preview setting next time I'm in Daz. I don't plan on returning it because it really is a good product and for some reason in my eyes it really makes the character I have it on.

• I'm finding the same thing as DDCreate. Not only that, the dforce seems very limited. I have other dforce hair that starts in the air and settles down on the shoulders. This product does not do that. So then I tried using mesh grabber tool  but for some reason it won't grab it and actually makes the hair disappear. So then I tried to bring it into zbrush but it imported everything but the hair and said there was an error importing file, never had that before even with other dforce hair.. The manual adjustments are very limited so now i don't know what to do. The hair just sticks into the shoulder and looks unnatural. Like DDCreate said the hair looks great and I don't want to return it but I hate paying a fortune for products only to be disappointed after the purchase.Why does Daz not allow product reviews (verified purchasers) 

• DDCreate said:

Thanks for the info Catherine! I'll try to find the preview setting next time I'm in Daz. I don't plan on returning it because it really is a good product and for some reason in my eyes it really makes the character I have it on.

Just go to the Scene Pane and hide the hair when you are repositioning things in your Scene
                      and unhide it when rendering!